Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd trimester nightmares. Please reassure me.

(8 Posts)
Junosmum Wed 18-Nov-15 09:29:37

Last night I had a really unpleasant dream, may be upsetting for some people to read.

I dreamt that I was earlier on in my pregnancy/ not this pregnancy, I'm not sure. (I'm currently 31 weeks, was about 20 in the dream)

I had tummy ache, like diarrhoea, went to the loo and lost the baby. Lots and lots of blood. I got pregnant again and the same thing happened. I was quite far on when I lost them in the dream. They just fell out.

I'm just worried it's my bodies way of saying there is something wrong. All other signs are good/ I have no reason to be worried, the dream just really upset me

TaliZorah Wed 18-Nov-15 09:33:59

Rest assured that if your baby WAS born at 30 weeks it would have a good chance.

I had similar dreams, I had threatened labour from 28 weeks. DS was born at 38 weeks, I hope this helps

QueenMolotov Wed 18-Nov-15 09:34:10

Poor you x

It really is not your body's way of preparing you for something horrendous.

More, it's that you are far along in your pregnancy and you are full of hormones. The hormones at work are known to increase dreams/nightmares, or you are waking more frequently and so are remembering more in more detail. You might have a subconscious fear of labour/birth/something bad happening, which then plays out in your dreams.

It's common for this to happen. Try and push it out of your daily thoughts and enjoy the last few weeks of your pg.

Good luck thanks

Panther79 Wed 18-Nov-15 09:43:44

Juno I really feel for you. Please don't worry.
A few weeks ago, I had a similar dream in that my baby was stillborn. My husband and I were crying in my dream. I was crying so hard in my dream that I didn't realise I was crying in real if that makes sense. My husband woke me up and I was so distressed. It felt so real. It was terrifying and horrible.

Please don't worry, all will be well with your bub.

Tootle10 Wed 18-Nov-15 10:03:52

I had a very similar dream a couple of weeks ago (now 32 weeks pregnant). I woke up crying and it took me a few minutes to realise that everything was ok - it really shook me up so I have every sympathy for you.

Don't let it worry you - I think it's just normal pregnancy anxiety playing out in your dreams, absolutely no indication that anything is wrong flowers

DimlowChips Wed 18-Nov-15 10:53:25

Oh dear, poor you thanks

I have had nightmares every night this week. None have been about my baby, but have been about other aspects of my life which were just as distressing.

I've read time and again that this is a normal third trimester occurrence so try not to worry.

Junosmum Wed 18-Nov-15 12:19:44

Thanks ladies, I know I'm being silly but it's horrible how real the emotions in dreams can be! It's good to know that other people have had similar issues though.

cloudjumper Wed 18-Nov-15 12:40:44

I've also dreamt a few weeks ago that I lost my baby (currently 33+4). It left me feeling very shakey and weepy for a couple of days (bringing up all the memories from my previous miscarriages).

I've also dreamt lots of weird during this pregnancy, it is completely normal - hormones going wild, and I reckon it's one way our brains are dealing with this. Please don't worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now