Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had enough of being pregnant!!!

(19 Posts)
MrsCrimshaw Tue 17-Nov-15 17:06:49

I need to rant! I'm 37 weeks today, feel like a beached whale, been totally drained today and no energy to even have a shower without having to have a rest half way through. I'm not sleeping and all food repeats on me for hours. The baby feels too big for my body and I've had enough now! Waaaaahhhh! !!

Sorry. Thanks!

CoffeeAndOranges Tue 17-Nov-15 17:19:45

I'm with you there! I'm 39+4 and am soooo over being pregnant. I think my heartburn has improved marginally as the baby has dropped, but am still best friends with Gaviscon.

Really don't want to be overdue but I am convinced that this one's going to take me right up to being induced sad

Waaaaaaahhhhh too!!

MrsCrimshaw Tue 17-Nov-15 17:33:20

Oh poor you! I don't know if I can handle 3 or 4 more weeks of this! I've hit a proper low today. Waaahhhhh sad

leanne963 Tue 17-Nov-15 18:45:29

I feel your pain. It really is the most uncomfortable thing ever. The worst thing is when people say 'get all the sleep you can now!'.....they forget you have to pee every hour, have restless legs and get cervical dagger pains everytime the baby moves. But that feels like ages ago now as my little girl is now 5 months, but i had to comment since i went 15 days OVER. That was a struggle lol

CoffeeAndOranges Tue 17-Nov-15 19:05:03

Ahh no can't face going 2 weeks over, really don't want a December baby - too near Christmas!!

I keep alternating between running up & down stairs, cleaning floors etc to try and get things going and relaxing to get oxytocin levels up. Suspect nothing will help until little one decides it's time sad

Wishful80smontage Tue 17-Nov-15 19:08:13

Ditto I'm 37 weeks this week and I'm completely huge, swollen, full of wee and fed up sad
My poor toddler is bored as mummy is no fun- luckily my friends with children have been coming round so she's been playing with them.
Its so much harder second time around!

Jw35 Tue 17-Nov-15 19:12:04

I've got a December baby, she is the 22nd! I know the feeling, although my baby is 10 months I still remember the last few weeks being hell! I had terrible constipation, couldn't get comfy and spent hours in the bath as it was the only place I could slightly relax! I hated peeing every 10 minutes and I just wanted days to pass! However I'm Ttc so I guess the baby is worth it! Lol. Good luck with everything thanks

sepa Tue 17-Nov-15 19:15:13

Ahh, sounds like my day and I'm only 24 weeks. I don't want it to get worse sad
Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Iammad Tue 17-Nov-15 19:22:45

I feel like that already and I'm only 31 weeks, I have a 13 month old who is into everything.
Also taking my other children to school and pushing a pushchair up and down a very steep hill is horrendous.
I do try to rest as much as possible but when I do my restless legs (but feels like it's my whole body) starts.
Not looking forward to having all that, eldest who is nearly 15 but can not do much (who had a very bad break to his ankle) and looking after my husband who is having a vasectomy on Friday on top of everything else.
I hate moaning because then I feel awful because I should feel lucky to ba able to have children.
Aww hormones hey.

TakesTwoToTango Tue 17-Nov-15 19:53:06

If it's any consolation, I feel better now at 40+2 than I did at 37 weeks, so it doesn't necessarily get worse!

MrsCrimshaw Tue 17-Nov-15 19:59:53

Thanks takestwo that is reassuring. I think I'm just worn down by it all. This has been the longest 9 months ever! I never glowed either, just went through various different types of feeling crap. I don't want my baby to be born early but at the same time I want this to be over!

Twinwife Tue 17-Nov-15 20:06:33

Snap 37 weeks today and feeling so exhausted. I have made the most of MIL taking DS1 (2) out for a few hours. Come on babies!

Metalhead Tue 17-Nov-15 22:27:45

I'm in the same boat OP, baby has been moving almost constantly today and it's so uncomfortable, I feel like I'm being used as a punch bag! Not to mention the insomnia, constipation, back ache etc.

At least I've got a date booked for a C-section so know it's only 2 more weeks max to go, but part of me really wouldn't mind if she decided to come tomorrow...

Tootsiepops Wed 18-Nov-15 04:05:17

39+3 and I'm over being pregnant. I can only sleep sitting upright, and oh my, the swelling in my ankles is just shock - not to mention the hip pain and general exhaustion.

I'm being induced on Friday, thank goodness. I am so unbelievably grouchy.

tinyme135 Wed 18-Nov-15 07:43:11

I'm only 32 weeks and I'm fed up with it. I have the most horrible cold and barking cough and if I wasn't pregnant I'd be able to take stuff to clear it up. I want it to be over

CoffeeAndOranges Wed 18-Nov-15 08:13:08

I think it does get easier towards the end, maybe because you put less expectations on yourself. I have only left the house once this week so far and if people want to see me they can come to me. I need to relax and get my oxytocin levels up!!

I think knowing you will have your baby within a couple of weeks helps too, although it is maddening that you just don't know when that will be and you really don't want to have to wait until the last moment. I realise having a December baby probably isn't that bad, it just feels like a mental cut off for me.

TheHoundOfWinchester Wed 18-Nov-15 11:35:49

I feel the same, I'm 37 weeks with dc4, tired but seem to have endless energy not slept a full night in weeks and just want this baby out as it physically hurts when he moves - I think I'm growing a champion boxer!

DimlowChips Wed 18-Nov-15 17:42:28

34 weeks today and really feeling it today! DH is currently cooking tea and is planning to build me a fort out of pillows to help me get comfortable for the evening. I'm tired, boobs hurt, horrible heartburn and cannot move without the help of someone else because of my SPD... angry

...but then I feel guilty as HELL after complaining because DC1 is so badly wanted and it isn't the baby's fault really... sad

...then I feel angry for getting upset confused

MrsCrimshaw Wed 18-Nov-15 18:26:58

I read another thread where someone described their pelvic pain as "like being kicked in the lady garden" I have that too - it's so much worse at night when I am trying to roll over or get up for a wee.

We are brave soldiers, ladies. We must keep up the fight, even though it hurts like hell xxx

PS Waaaahhhhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now