Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 days late test says negative

(11 Posts)
JLK1995 Tue 17-Nov-15 14:11:27

Any advice I'm 11 days late on my period but test says negative could I still be pregnant?

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 17-Nov-15 14:19:57

Hi JLK Im now 13 weeks but a few months before I actually got pregnant my period was just over 2 weeks late, have you come off the pill after a long time? there was then another 6 week gap in between my next period. Had all kinds of tests done at the docs and even did 12 tests!

Pollyputhtekettleon Tue 17-Nov-15 15:45:22

It's highly unlikely you are. The only possibility us that you ovulated at least 11+ days late and caught it but it's too early to be a positive test. Are you usually regular. I remember clean skipping 2 periods when I messed up my pill a few years ago. They just never came. Otherwise I am like clockwork.

JLK1995 Wed 18-Nov-15 14:15:28

My periods are usually regular, normal 28 days cycle I've been of my pill over 8 months now so it's a bit unusual for my period to be nearly 2 weeks late I spoke to the doctors who said it might be to early to show up on a test yet anyway and to do another one at the weekend fingers X I am as I've been trying to conceive for months now X

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 18-Nov-15 14:26:34

fingers crossed for you

JLK1995 Wed 18-Nov-15 18:14:40

Thank you x

Raxacoricofallapatorius Wed 18-Nov-15 18:18:03

There's at least a thread a week with the same q which should illustrate how annoyingly frequent this problem is. Not annoying to read about of course but annoying to experience. Usually it is a result of delayed ovulation or failure to ovulate at all.

All you can do is wait. Fingers crossed for you.

lemon101 Wed 18-Nov-15 18:28:38

Hello,

I agree with pps that this does happen all the time and your period may just be being ridiculous this month.

Having said that, my ovulation was all messed up the month I conceived due to plane travel and stress and I ended up conceiving 2 days before I was due on and didn't get a bfp until 13 days past my missed period. I did not think that I was pregnant, I was just fed up and about to go away for a long weekend that was going to feature a lot of red wine when I tested. I was surprised to say the least....

JLK1995 Wed 18-Nov-15 20:49:19

Thank you everyone just don't want to get my hopes up if it isn't going to happen yet that's why I've asked for advice, thank you all X

Asher90 Wed 18-Nov-15 21:09:21

Guys I'm sorry to jump in, but can I ask what ya'll see here?

JLK1995 Thu 19-Nov-15 07:58:11

What do you mean?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now