Talk

Advanced search

Waiting for dating scan

(14 Posts)
mamapoppins23 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:20:06

Hi there, this is my first post. I'm pleased and proud that I found out I was pregnant almost a fortnight ago now. I'm 23 and my partner is 24. Shortly after we decided we wanted to marry each other we found out I was pregnant. ?? I did a clear blue test and I found out I was a month. Doctors tested and confirmed my pregnancy, been wonderful. However I know I missed my last period and got the one before that, however I'm a little concerned that I'm having twins or something. My partners mother is a twin and twins run in his family. I'm apparently just coming up 6 weeks but I look 3 months pregnant. Either I'm further gone or I must be expecting double trouble ?? this wasn't an unplanned or planned pregnancy somewhere inbetween. We were both getting broody as our relationship got more serious. I have all the faith in my partner but i can't be further than 15 weeks (first man I've been with) it's very stressful and frustrating. This is what I look like now, before I had a perfectly flat stomach.

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 16-Nov-15 23:57:08

Are you sure your dates are right?! Congrats on the pregnancy too! Xx

mamapoppins23 Tue 17-Nov-15 00:47:25

Yeah I've had periods between oct and August. However I've been told some women can have their periods whilst pregnant anyway. My doctor said my progesterone went from 14 to 133 in a number of days. I'm showing quite a bit , need to see the midwife ah it's doing my nut in .

wantingno2 Tue 17-Nov-15 03:06:32

Did the doctor say what your hcg levels were you must be at least 12 weeks with a bump like that it can't just be bloating even ur waist looks thick if you know what I mean maybe go back to ur doctors x

mamapoppins23 Tue 17-Nov-15 06:39:00

Yes I've gone to the doctors and he said that only my midwife can check, still heard nothing back, ridiculous x

HD18 Tue 17-Nov-15 09:32:42

I'm exactly the same, I'm now 10 weeks but from about 7 weeks I looked full on pregnant....def not as skinny as you naturally haha but definitely noticed a lot more thing a bloat. My partner has 10 sets of twins on his side of the family so I'm thinking it could be twins...my scan is 3rd December so just waiting for that to confirm. I have read and heard that some people can just show earlier than others but this early??

mamapoppins23 Tue 17-Nov-15 12:18:47

Well I fitted in a size 4-8s, very small frame (recovered from anorexia) and now I look ridiculous as in my legs are still skinny, back is skinny just a massive bump. Size 12- arms are too big but fit the bump. Something else entirely. Friends are say it's cause I was so tiny to begin with. The shape is definitely there xx

TwigsWithStupidLittleLightsOn Tue 17-Nov-15 12:25:09

Don't under estimate how bloated you can get in early pregnancy. I looked bigger between the six to ten week stage that I did at around fourteen weeks.

Congratulations and I hope all goes well for you.

Icklepickle101 Tue 17-Nov-15 12:35:31

I looked a lot bigger 6-10 weeks than I did 10-16 weeks, it was very strange watching my 'bump' shrink!!

Try not to get too worried, it won't help!

mamapoppins23 Thu 19-Nov-15 09:50:05

I'm not worried, frustrated that I don't know how far gone I am x

mamapoppins23 Thu 19-Nov-15 09:50:59

It's frustrating need to see midwife 😖

mackinnonka Thu 19-Nov-15 10:35:05

If you don't manage to get a dating scan through gp/midwife soon, maybe look at booking a private one? You can usually get in a lot quicker and although you would pay for it (the one I booked was £70) as least you get what you need to know etc.

Iammad Thu 19-Nov-15 10:38:16

I had terrible bloating and looked 6 months until it went at about 16 weeks.
It can be perfectly normal.

MummyBex1985 Thu 19-Nov-15 18:42:45

I'm fairly sure twins have to run on the mothers side to be passed down but it's still possible. You do look big for your dates!

If your CB test said you were over a month "pregnant" then that's the conception indicator so you'd add at least two weeks on to that.

High levels picked up by the test could also mean multiples though!

I was a size 8 and I don't think I ever got a bump like that lol. Congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now