Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after ectopic pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Vickie360 Mon 16-Nov-15 21:59:44

hi I'm looking for some reassurance as I had an ectopic pregnacy that ruptured at the end of May and I found out last week in pregnant again! I did a CB digital today and it says 3+ when I won't be 5 weeks till Wednesday I'm hoping this means everything is ok as we desperately want this baby so has anyone else had anything like this xx

Tootsiepops Tue 17-Nov-15 01:34:35

Call your epu - you'll get an early scan and bloods done. I had an ectopic two years ago and am now waiting to go in to labour. I was a wreck when I got a positive hpt, but the epu were amazing and I had a scan at 5 weeks and then again a few days later to confirm the baby was in the right place this time.

rosieliveson1 Tue 17-Nov-15 04:22:03

Hi, I also had an ectopic last year. Am now up feeding my post ectopic baby so it can go well afterwards.
I had a scan at 5-6 weeks to confirm the pregnancy was normal. Your GP should be able to refer you to this. Fingers crossed for you flowers

Vickie360 Tue 17-Nov-15 07:34:38

Thanks for the messages I will give the Epu a ring this morning and see what they say xx

LittleTalks Tue 17-Nov-15 19:25:31

As the others said, definitely give the EPU a call. Mine were more than happy to see me the next day (and you might not need a GP referral). I also had a ruptured ectopic in March, lost a tube, but am now 21 weeks. I felt so much better after that scan but also massively reassured from the CB digis. I know they are a long way from being watertight, but I knew the pregnancy that was ectopic was going wrong as the tests took aaaaages to got from 1-2 to 2-3, and never got to 3+ weeks. At that time the hospital told me I was being paranoid... though obviously my "paranoia" looked quite sensible when I was rushed to theatre with a belly full of blood a couple of weeks later...!

Vickie360 Tue 17-Nov-15 19:57:33

Hi I rang this morning I've got a scan next weds when I'm 6 wks. I did a cb digi yesterday and it came bk 3+ I'm hoping that's a good sign as I'm not 5 wks till tomorrow and with my ectopic it never went above 2-3 even though I was 7 when it ruptured so fingers crossed it's all fine this time xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now