Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling god awful

(20 Posts)
LouLou030783 Mon 16-Nov-15 18:37:12

Hope I'm not alone in this I'm pregnant with my 3rd child however it's been 10 years since I had my youngest and I do not remember ever feeling this awful I'm constantly nauseous and exhausted!!! When will this end

E11Chick Mon 16-Nov-15 19:19:47

Hey LouLou, I'm currently pregnant with my first and am almost 10 weeks. Since around 6 weeks I've felt constantly exhausted and nauseous.....the only way I can explain it is like a constant hangover! Awful food aversions too. However, I have only been sick a couple of times. I've woken up today and although I'm still feeling more tired than normal and nauseous on and off all day (I find the only time I don't feel even a little sicky is when I'm eating I think it is starting to ease off a bit. I hope you start feeling better soon :-) x

LouLou030783 Mon 16-Nov-15 19:32:19

I'm exactly the same constant hangover feeling and only ok when I eat haha gonna end up this size of a house if I keep eating to stop feeling sick

TwllBach Mon 16-Nov-15 19:35:26

I was the same right up until maybe today?? And I am 16 weeks... most consistently awful I have ever felt!

LouLou030783 Mon 16-Nov-15 19:41:23

Oh god don't let this last for another 8 weeks lol feel so pathetic

E11Chick Mon 16-Nov-15 19:55:54

I'm like an eating machine, I try not to think about how much I've eaten at the end of the day! I've been feeling pathetic too, I did all my ironing a week or so ago and had to sit down half way through, I thought seriously?! Also struggling to get through the week at work, by Friday I'm there in body only....mind is already gone to the weekend lol x

LouLou030783 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:12:21

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this

E11Chick Mon 16-Nov-15 20:23:13

You are definitely not alone :-)

BBLucy1891 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:26:43

I was one of those annoying, energetic, healthy-eating, constantly exercising women before I got pregnant. At about 5 weeks I was just flattened! Was soooo sick for first 3 months, could barely get out of bed, total exhaustion then 2nd trimester SPD so couldn't exercise, became a 24-hour eating machine. Now in 3rd trimester and i barely recognise myself. Still exhausted beyond belief all day every day. I'm basically eating and sleep-walking through pregnancy. Other women seem to be able to function - what's with that??!! The only thing I try to comfort myself with is that if I'd gone from how I was before to parenthood straight away, maybe it would have been too much of a shock. Now, at least, I've had 8 months of feeling like total crap to sort of ease me into it. If that makes any sense...

LouLou030783 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:29:37

Hahah it's amazing how diff we feel. With my son I was neither up and down sailed through it with my daughter after the constant sickness subsided I was cool but this time around it's just the tiredness the sickness the nausea it's just everything I feel utterly pathetic but after just spending 10 mins with my head in the pan I feel it's justified although not sure the OH feels that way

Sighing Mon 16-Nov-15 20:29:48

You're not alone! Pregnant with DC 3. My youngest is 7. I am exhausted. Heartburn is horrendous and unrelenting. Everything wears me out, I forget everything (from tiredness i think mainly).

Battleshiphips2 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:36:15

I'm 23 weeks and still have yuk days. Today I've felt nauseous all day. At the beginning I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow and I'm pretty sure that was the cause of my pulmonary embolisms. It has eased off for the most part though. It finished with ds1 at around 16 weeks and was never this bad. Just occasional queasiness. I found plain foods helped.

Battleshiphips2 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:37:32

Oh and in the early days every time I vomited I had a wee. Not just a little dribble but full on big puddle blush

LouLou030783 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:57:45

Oh god that's horrendous X and so unfair men Defo get it easy

TwllBach Mon 16-Nov-15 21:02:23

I've just made myself feel even worse by looking at pregnant women and baby bumps on instagram sad they all look so neat and trim and glowing and im sat here with spots and haven't been able to exercise since 7 weeks. Literally nothing. I took my nursery class on an hour walk this morning and was shattered. In addition, my super fit, ironman completing triathlete of a DP linked me to his 25 week pregnant friends blog and she quite clearly has a smaller bump than me even though she is 9 weeks ahead. She is a personal trainer with a partner at home and fitness is her job. As well as that, DP (who is working away for 8 weeks abroad) has just informed me that he is going away for 6 weeks mid january to 'play' in the snow...he's a climber. So I have come to bed with a box of Lindor.

LouLou030783 Mon 16-Nov-15 21:23:28

Do not blame u at all thats awful he's prob not even thinking tagging u in those posts he prob just thinking oh someone else who's pregnant but instead is making u feel like absolute crap, men just don't use their brain enough and sure as hell if they had to go through this I think everyone would be one child families seeing woman who are tiny and seem to float through pregnancy is irritating as hell its so unfair

Pollyputhtekettleon Tue 17-Nov-15 15:51:23

It's horrific OP. You have my sympathy.

LouLou030783 Tue 17-Nov-15 16:06:59

I'm new to this site btw so excuse if I'm being thick what does dd ds op such like mean lol xxx

RoTo72 Tue 17-Nov-15 16:58:21

DD dear daughter, ds dear so , op original poster.

LouLou030783 Wed 18-Nov-15 09:37:50

Thanks for that x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now