Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction tomorrow!!!!!

(9 Posts)
Gemmyloupoo Mon 16-Nov-15 17:14:57

Hello all

I am going in to be induced tomorrow and im looking for others experiences. I'm keen to avoid the drip stage as I'm aware of this being painful.
Anyone got any advice or helpful stories they wish to share? smile
I'm excited and terrified lol.......41+1 so more than ready to meet this little one.
Thank you in advance.

acquiescence Mon 16-Nov-15 21:34:56

Hello,

I haven't got my own story to share but I am due to be induced on Thursday and have been looking for positive stories as well. I have been quite upset at the prospect as I was planning a home birth, I will be 41+4 on Thursday.

A couple of friends have told me that they had positive experiences. One had her waters broken with no effect (cervix was already good so no pessary) and then the drip. She was then in labour for around 12 hours. She managed with just gas and air and was able to move around a lot.

Another friend just needed the pessary to get going and was in labour for around 12 hours after her contractions started (around 8 hours after pessary).

What time do you have to go in and what have they told you about the process? Lots of luck and let us know how it goes X

Tootsiepops Mon 16-Nov-15 21:49:15

I'm in for induction on Friday and feeling v apprehensive about the drip sad

Following along and hoping for some positive stories!

Newlywed56 Mon 16-Nov-15 21:52:38

I would go for the drip over the next pessary! Found the internal pessary insertion and examinations very painful blush ... Good luck though you will be grand after I got the pessary in the morning baby was born that evening!

Gemmyloupoo Mon 16-Nov-15 22:08:08

Cheers for the replies guys.

acquiescence, I'm in at 12.30. I've been told I will be given an examination the pessary, then monitored for a while. Last midwife app says in was 3cm dilated and favourable so it should be enough. If that fails waters will be broken and monitored again. Last resort is the dreaded drip, it might not be as bad as I'm thinking as everyone is different.

I will keep you guys updated. Keep relaxed and good luck to you both for your inductions smile x

bluewisteria Tue 17-Nov-15 00:25:39

It's the waters breaking that generally trips contractions rather than pessary, my consultant told me. If you are 3 cms then they can prob break your waters without pessary. I would discuss this with them.
My second I had my waters broken, no pessary, and hadn't been contracting. She arrived 3 hrs later.

I'm hoping for the same this time if I don't go into labour naturally.

bluewisteria Tue 17-Nov-15 00:28:56

By trips I mean trips labour into starting! Good luck and keep us updated!

Gemmyloupoo Fri 20-Nov-15 20:11:30

Well.........as I said. I went in on Tuesday lunch time at 12.30 for induction. I had my little girl today!!!! After a 13 hour battle with contractions and 2 hours of pushing I ended up with an emergency c section!!! Absolutely worth every agonising second of it. 9lb 4oz of gorgeousness is now asleep next to me!!

ThAnk you all for replying and sending words of encouragement. Xx

RoTo72 Fri 20-Nov-15 20:42:50

Oh congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now