Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clear watery discharge & bump not growing

(12 Posts)
Sourdough123 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:04:34

Hi there, just after some reassurance. I am currently 18 weeks + 5, and for the past couple of weeks I have been having intermittent clear, watery discharge, plus menstrual cramps (cramps maybe 5 times a day). The discharge is enough to make my underwear visibly damp but I don't feel any trickling sensation. Having self diagnosed via Google, and coupled with the fact my bump doesn't seem to be growing, I am now convinced something is wrong and I am leaking amniotic fluid. I called the midwife this morning and she said not to worry unless I am soaking a pad an hour (which I'm not), but I can't help worrying. I had a MMC at 12 weeks previously so that is always on my mind. I have my 20 week scan on Monday so not long to wait to find out how things are, but every day I feel filled with anxiety and doom. Has anyone experienced similar during the second trimester?

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 16-Nov-15 14:28:46

please go to the early unit to get checked out even if its just for your own sake, nothing worse than worrying about it for a week, get some reassurance for yourself, that's what they are there for, to help.

Dixiechick17 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:33:38

Everyone's bumps grow at different rates. Mine didn't really start to show until I was 17 weeks and looking back at the pictures didn't really grow much again until I was around 21 weeks. I also had a lot of watery discharge 18 weeks onwards and had to start wearing panty liners from then. I've got this all in my pregnancy diary, which is why I remember it.

If you're worried though please asked to be checked out, however I just wanted to offer some reassurance smile

Nousername2015 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:39:05

I had exactly the same at the same gestation (I was 18+6). Mw saw me and checked baby but as I mentioned fluid she sent me straight up to triage to be looked at. It was just a lot of discharge and is very common around now. The impression I got from the mws is that it would be a constant trickle and you would feel it. One test they did with me was 'pooling' where you lie down for 30 mins and then get up, if it was waters it would come trickling out then. You can also try coughing for the same test.

Not saying don't go and be seen, by all means do, but I just wanted to provide some reassurance. Definitely pop a pad on if you are going to be seen as they will want to look at this.

Bump wise - there wasn't much going on with me until after 20 weeks. It's almost as if the scan was the trigger point for it to really get going!

Hope all is well.

DixieNormas Mon 16-Nov-15 14:41:35

Phone the hospital, they can discuss a test to check if it's waters. You can get increased discharge when pg but it's always a good idea to be checked over. Even if it just puts your mind at rest

Nousername2015 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:41:36

Oh, and get off Google. It will never give you the rational view. I appreciate how tough it is, I had a mmc at 11 weeks and still instantly think the worst if I get a new symptom.

DixieNormas Mon 16-Nov-15 14:43:34

I've had slow leaking waters and early rupture of membranes and even with the slow leak it was more than it sounds like you are loosing, I would still ring maternity unit though

honeysucklejasmine Mon 16-Nov-15 14:45:05

Bless you, how worrying. I am currently being monitored for waters as I had a scan at 25 weeks (for movement) and they were measuring very low indeed. I've not noticed leakage but I do have a fairly shit pelvic floor control so not convinced I would!

All that's happening us I am having weekly scans to check the measurements. As long as if stays stable they won't worry. Second one this week so really hoping they've gone back up and baby was just in an awkward position. We'll see.

The one thing I was told, and will pass on, is DO NOT GOOGLE. No need to panic yourself, you're an individual and they will tell you what you need to know.

Sourdough123 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:16:11

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks so much for your responses, I really appreciate it. I am reassured that other people have experienced the same/similar, and things have turned out ok, but I am going to contact the hospital to see if they will check me out just in case. I think I need to disable Google on my phone, having so much information available at the touch of a button is amazing but in my case I think is contributing to my OTT anxiety. Thanks again everyone.

hellsdells82 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:29:31

Just to add to the others really..
Ive been wearing a pantyliner since about 8wks,just one of those pregnancies that lets you have the gross side. I didbread on a similar post the other day that having quite a bit of discharge to the point of feeling as though ya peed ya self is actually quite the norm. Please dont worry too much. I also had a mmc and had the same thoughts as you regarding this,however..if we all googled pur symptoms im sire the nation would have died ten times over by now,unless your symptoms have been checked...dont self diagnose from google symptom checker. In my last pregnancy i didnt start showing until around 7months..really..it was fab and i never wore a pad at all. This pregnancy im now 21+2 and im huge and wearing liners all the time.

If you really want to make sure all is ok...do go to the maternity unit. Its the best and sure way to gove yourself reassurance. Hugs to you xx flowers

hellsdells82 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:30:53

**please excuse my typos im on a phone with a small keypad confused

ffauxlivia Mon 16-Nov-15 18:38:54

Hi sourdough - keep us updated!

I've had quite a bit of discharge since about 8 weeks (I'm currently 21 weeks), it alternates between thick and mucasy to thin and watery, and I feel like I get a tiny gush maybe once a day, a bit like I peed myself a bit, but it dries white and hard like discharge so I wasn't too worried about it.

At 19 weeks my cervix was checked and it was tightly closed, everything was fine. At my 20 week scan the fluid levels and growth were fine, even though I felt my bump wasn't growing! Between 19-21 weeks I had a bit of a bump growth spurt and now finally at least look a bit pregnant when wearing the right clothes!

So in essence I was the same as you and everything looked fine, but of course if you are worried always get checked out. Let us know what they say as I still worry all the time that I need to be checked!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now