Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! very sore bump when sleeping

(5 Posts)
swiftkick Mon 16-Nov-15 13:40:58

I'm 38 weeks & I'm getting very worried over my bump at night time. I sleep on my side and also use a dream genie pillow but I'm waking 2-3 times a night due my bump being rock hard and very sore, when I change position the pain eases. Quite often the baby also kicks me & makes me change position. I feel as if I'm in danger of squashing my baby!!! I know that sounds mad & the human body surely can accommodate sleeping mothers, but this does not feel right....Can I put my baby in danger due to an incorrect sleeping position???

Is this normal? Any one experiencing this, should I contact my GP?

RoTo72 Mon 16-Nov-15 13:50:10

You wont put ur baby in danger r squash him/her. With Ds (now 15) he used to kick like mad if I lay a certain way. And used to feel the hardness too, prob baby's back. If ur really worried ask ur mw about it, but I don't think its anything to worry about. Baby is bigger now and not much room in there.

swiftkick Mon 16-Nov-15 13:55:18

thanks for the reassurance. I had a fright with high BP & hospital trip last week, so now I feel uneasy about everything. Pregnancy is a constant state of guilt!!!!!

RoTo72 Mon 16-Nov-15 13:56:30

Ita awful. I'm only 7 weeks and I'm living off my nerves. If ur really worried tho so chat with mw.

bluewisteria Mon 16-Nov-15 19:06:58

Bump being rock hard might be braxton hicks? Esp as you're 38 weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now