Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

feeling movement at 12 weeks......anyone else?

(17 Posts)
Everythinggettingbigger Mon 16-Nov-15 11:47:36

2nd pregnancy, thought I felt what was movement on Saturday night (butterflies) when I got into bed, brushed it off as I was only 11+4....got into bed last night and the same feelings again with the faintest little pokes and just sitting at my desk at work (very busy obviously blush) and just felt some little pokes again!! I felt these movements with my DS at 14ish weeks and I know you feel it earlier in the 2nd+ pregnancies grin

am I alone or has anyone else felt things this early?

I don't have my 12 weeks scan until tomorrow (what should be 12 weeks exactly) so I don't know my precise dates yet but I did have a scan at what I thought was 5+4 and was told too early for exact dates but between 5-6 weeks so could only be a few days out if anything probably.

MerryMarigold Mon 16-Nov-15 11:53:26

I had a weird buzzing sensation with ds1 very early, like a mobile phone on silent!

EllieJayJay Mon 16-Nov-15 11:59:52

Wow that's amazing! Am very emotional today 6+3 with my first and crying at everything today smile but sounds lovely can't wait for this to happen for me smile congratulations and hope all goes well with your scan.

I will be 12 weeks exactly on Christmas Day that would be the best Christmas present ever if it happened early smile I didn't know it could happen so early x

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 16-Nov-15 12:05:45

that's a good way of describing it merry lol

Ellie I think it depends on your size etc so im told, I'm quite small and slim (a lot slimmer with my first blush) but I was shocked to be feeling things this early, but again apparently your uterus is more relaxed in subsequent pregnancies so you feel it earlier! Congratulations, ive had plenty of emotional days smile

I will be finding out 2 days before Christmas what we are expecting and surprising family on Christmas day......surprising them with your first scan pic would be amazing if your scan ends up being before! Good Luck xx

5hell Mon 16-Nov-15 12:06:14

I wish!! I'm 21w tomorrow and still not convinced I can feel anything! sad
Anterior placenta is probably not helping. The only thing I'm consoling myself with is the fact that I dont have to worry about reduced/changed movements if I havn't started feeling them yet. Ironically it's been v mobile at both scans smile

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 16-Nov-15 12:11:03

I hope you start feeling movements soon 5hell! I have heard of people feeling strong movements even with anterior placenta.

I was getting full kicks from 18 weeks with DS1

EllieJayJay Mon 16-Nov-15 13:06:55

That's really lovely everything it's all so exciting (oh bloody hell im off again! Silly emotions) I am very tall slimmish (very bloated!) maybe I will get lucky smile

I'm paying for an early scan, week on Tuesday I might have to pay for another one of the NHS one isn't until after Christmas as would like to wave a picture (which looks like a something) around at Christmas!

Congratulations everyone !

BiffleRoo Mon 16-Nov-15 13:27:04

Felt them very early with #3 and #4

BigFriendlyGirl Mon 16-Nov-15 14:52:00

I was about the same with dc2. It was just a one off though, I guess the teeny thing was just in a weird location but it was definitely movement. Butterfly fluttering in the same location, over and over for a few minutes. Then nothing again till a more normal time in the pregnancy (like 16/18 weeks). DC1 and DC3, didn't happen.

Reebok Mon 16-Nov-15 16:33:43

It's very possible to feel movement now with second. I did. Now 16 weeks and movement is getting stronger. Mine started with bubbles at 11 weeks something. It's my second pregnancy.

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 16-Nov-15 16:38:56

Thanks everyone, I don't feel as mental saying I can feel movement now lol its so exciting! my DS has just turned 5 so feels like a very long time ago I was pregnant its like doing it for the first time again!

Bubbles is also a good way to describe it! trying to describe the sensation to say my DP who has obviously never felt it is very hard grin

Battleshiphips2 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:43:02

This is my second pregnancy and I felt him very early on, as early as 11 weeks. I'm now 23 weeks and can sit for hours watching my tummy move around. When he goes into a breech position I feel like he is going to kick his way out. I also have an anterior placenta and was led to believe I wouldn't feel or see much movement until much later on because of this so I'm really pleased that I can feel and see him. I've actually got video of my tummy bumping up and down about a week ago. I'd forgotten how lovely it feels. My ds is delighted being able to feel it too.

wonkylegs Mon 16-Nov-15 16:56:16

I'm 15 weeks today and definitely felt this one at about 11 + 5 ,
So wasn't surprised at my scan when she said this ones a real wriggler.
I get movement I can feel pretty regularly now especially in the evening
I get an extra scan on Friday due to being high risk (my health) so expect to see it doing acrobatics again.

WombOfOnesOwn Mon 16-Nov-15 18:02:41

I felt this pregnancy--my first to be carried past 8 weeks--at 12 weeks 5 days. I wasn't sure I was really feeling what I thought I was until the same sensations kept getting stronger, but when it happened I said to my husband, "I'm pretty sure this is the baby moving, keep this day in mind because in a week or two I'll know for sure if this was what I suspected!"

Dogsmom Mon 16-Nov-15 19:13:12

I felt dd2 at 12 weeks, or war unmistakeably, I had an anterior placenta too so didn't expect it but felt strong movements all the way through.

I hated pregnancy but did love feeling them move.

Dogsmom Mon 16-Nov-15 19:14:30

*it was unmistakeable

Bloody new phone with a ridiculous auto correct

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 17-Nov-15 14:12:19

dogs my phone is the same! well had my scan this morning only to find out I am 13 weeks not 12 today so no wonder I can feel definite little movements too! Thanks everyone! really is the best part of pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now