Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4 weeks to due date...

(17 Posts)
teamrigby Mon 16-Nov-15 10:38:23

and I've had enough!

Was woken 4 times last night! (that's a record) and all to pee (normally just pee once during the night) sad

Does the fact that I'm peeing more and have less rib pain mean anything?? (this is my first)

Feel like I could take a nap under my desk today and still got until the end of next week at work! sad

MrsCrimshaw Mon 16-Nov-15 11:04:47

I am 36+6 and up 6-8 times in the night weeing plus I have chronic restless legs. You are lucky to have only needed once a night up until now! When do you finish work? I finished on Friday and it was such a relief. I'm having lots of stretching feelings and period type pains - think little one is running out of room. I'm also getting more pelvic pain and I think more pressure on that is from baby's head. It's my first too - difficult to know what you're supposed to feel isn't it x

teamrigby Mon 16-Nov-15 11:59:24

Hey MrsCrimshaw, I'm 36weeks tomorrow.

Have this week and next left at work (finish on the 27th) and I can't wait! definitely feel ready!!! smile

Very difficult to know whats what and especially without feeling silly too.

KatyN Mon 16-Nov-15 12:21:24

from my wise old position of having a 4 year old and being 34 weeks pregnant with my second, I think this is exactly what you are meant to feel! so desperate to have the baby that you'll try anything!! I had to stop myself buying raspberry leaf tea today and a crate load of pineapples but in three weeks time I will be on OPERATION GIVE BIRTH.

I think the rib pain and the weeing is just that your little one is running out of room.

nearly there k xx

lemon101 Mon 16-Nov-15 13:07:54

Hello,

37+1 and sat on a birthing ball pretty much permanently now! I'm still in work and cursing myself for saying I'll stay on until 39 weeks. I'm so tired, I don't care anymore about the bloody targets and I just want to pack it in now! Or rather I want the baby to arrive so I can pack it in without feeling guilty that I left without everything in place for my cover to take over!

Just a few more weeks.....

teamrigby Mon 16-Nov-15 13:19:03

nice to hear its not just me then lol smile

jamtartandcustard Mon 16-Nov-15 13:20:23

I'm 36 weeks today! I left work 10 days ago but I'm taking 3 weeks of holiday, maternity doesn't start until Dec 1st. I'm so glad i have though. I worked evenings, finishing at 10pm and come 9 I was exhausted! Plus I've been getting some really strong Braxton hicks!
When I lie on my back in bed I feel like I am being suffocated and can't breath so can only sleep on my side. Some nights I'm up like 5 times to go to the loo, one night last week I didn't get up once as I slept straight through, I was so amazed as its been so long!
I'm so ready for baby now. The poor dog isn't getting very good walks as I get out of breath before I reach the end of my street! This is baby number 4 for me and all the rest have been very overdue (16,13 and 9 days late) so I can't even hope that bump will be here early. Although my due date is 4 weeks away, I prob have a good 5 left of being pregnant :-(

Fugghetaboutit Mon 16-Nov-15 13:22:03

Less rib pain would suggest baby is lower and more engaged. I'm 34 weeks and can't wait til baby is here now, v uncomfortable and sore down there

teamrigby Mon 16-Nov-15 13:23:16

Oh no jamtartandcustard sad

Haven't experienced any Braxton Hicks (as yet)

But I really hope I'm not late.

jamtartandcustard Mon 16-Nov-15 13:24:09

Oh for those on first baby with pelvic pain/ less rib pain, it's probably the head engaging. Unfortunately with a first that happens weeks before birth. Subsequent babies engage as labour is imminent.

SummerHouse Mon 16-Nov-15 13:25:48

I went to 41 + 2 and 39 +6. At no point ever did I want pregnancy to end. I was terrified for each baby to come into the world and scared I could not look after it. I would have been pregnant for months more if I could. You are so close. Good luck and enjoy any bits you can even if your bladder is suffering.

jamtartandcustard Mon 16-Nov-15 13:27:09

I never experienced Braxton hicks with dc's 1&2, and with dc3 I only noticed them from 38weeks so it's come as a surprise I'm getting them so strongly and so early! Maybe it might come early...... Haha that would shock us all too much.
Oh well at least I have consultant appointment tomorrow with a growth scan so get to see baby again :-) something to look forward to

Fugghetaboutit Mon 16-Nov-15 13:34:49

I've had braxton hicks since 21 weeks this time (second preg), with first they started around 34 weeks.

I have 2/4 tightenings a day which the midwife raised an eyebrow about.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Mon 16-Nov-15 14:20:12

I feel your pain op! And everyone else. 37 + 4 with dc3 and just want to cry. I have two weeks left at work (why did I say I would?!) and am up every hour either weeing or with awful back pain and braxton hicks. I want the baby now! And I want to finish work, I'm exhausted.

sherbertlemon17 Mon 16-Nov-15 17:53:23

I feel like I could have written this thread! 36+2 today and working up to the 27th too. Only 1 more Monday!!

I've been getting the period type pains too, although it's more like that uncomfortable feeling you get before you start. Had one or two Brixton hicks today and yesterday. I'm so excited for the baby to be here, but I'm just so tired!

MrsCrimshaw Mon 16-Nov-15 18:46:51

I've started using my stretchy sling to hold my bump up! Baby has been really pushing and shoving today, lots of tightening around the pelvic area and kicks in the ribs. Can't wait for pregnancy to be over! 37 weeks tomorrow...

leanne963 Mon 16-Nov-15 19:47:47

Aww Bless you OP!! I remember those weeks very well!!! (Little girl is 5 months and i went 15 days over my due date shock ) The less rib pain could mean baby is dropping!! Could be a good sign!! I wish i had any words of wisdom about how to get baby out faster but it clearly didn't work for me! haha! I always found that getting up and having a bath when i couldnt sleep at night really helped!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now