Talk

Advanced search

Early symptoms of pregnancy?

(9 Posts)
Hannit Mon 16-Nov-15 08:34:56

Hi all, this is such a silly post but I need advice, I am a mum to a beautiful baby girl, 6 months old, now I only found out I was pregnant when I was 6 months gone so I missed all of the symptoms, since I gave birth I've been so scared of getting pregnant again just because of the way it happened first time round. So what are the early symptoms? And what is implantation bleeding like, I've had some bleeding this week on and off my period ended about 17 days ago so I shouldn't be coming on my period so soon, but as I say I gave birth 6months ago and have been on the pill Which I know can mess with the cycle any advice would be appreciated so much xx

Hannit Mon 16-Nov-15 08:38:47

Oh I'll just add I've not had any period pains which I usually suffer with really badly but has some mild cramping I've not been ill .. Have Been super tired but I have a teething baby so I'm not suprised I don't know if I should be worried or weather or not I'm freaking myself or because of last time x

Whoknewitcouldbeso Mon 16-Nov-15 08:41:00

Honestly, I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious but the best thing to go is get an HPT and rule pregnancy out. Then get yourself on a reliable contraception method if you don't want anymore children at the moment.

Analysing symptoms is just a quick way to drive yourself crazy.

Hannit Mon 16-Nov-15 08:49:48

Yep I've notice this every time I think about babies I think I'm pregnant it's so odd but I can't help it, not that I don't want another but certainly don't want one right now! The pill is about the only contraception that hasn't reeked Havock on my body! Although I did end up with a surprise baby. I just don't know what to do I'm constantly worrying about it and I think I'm going to end up worrying my self pregnant!! X

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 16-Nov-15 09:04:13

My symptoms were basically just like my period was about to start but my boobs were very very tender. I also had a very bad cold that I couldn't shake (I very rarely get colds!) and I had a panic attack the day before I found out (my BFP came 3 weeks before our wedding so I was stressed!). Some people get no symptoms though xx

Hannit Mon 16-Nov-15 10:28:25

Yeah I had none first time round that why I'm extra aware of any changes in my body it's so stressful I don't know what's going on I really need to stop worrying thanks xx

magpie17 Mon 16-Nov-15 12:46:34

I had implantation bleeding but apparently it isn't as common as people think. I just had a light bleed for one day just before my period was due which then went away and my period never came.

My only real symptom (before sickness etc kicked in at about 6 weeks) was that my wee smelled strange! I didn't have sore boobs really or the 'typical' symptoms.

My point is that everyone is different and not everyone will experience the same thing. People go on about implantation bleeding but I'm the only one of the people I know with babies who had any. Your best bet is to get reliable contraception and keep track of your periods so you know if one is late or missed. Symptom spotting just drives you mad.

Sighing Mon 16-Nov-15 12:52:00

It is so different for everyone. I get a nausea that will wake me in the night around implantation (just one night) but that could be (5) coincidence. I get super emotional about small things(unusual for me) and generally achey as though period due.
Test, if your periods are a little off it's no bad thing to know what it's not. Are you breastfeeding? My periods returned very quickly, but around 6 months as DDs started weaning the milk demand dropped which impacted on my periods for about 3 cycles.

Whoknewitcouldbeso Mon 16-Nov-15 13:27:44

Sometimes the pill can cause breakthrough bleeding. I have had implantation bleeding with two pregnancies. With one it was very dark brown and a 50 pence piece sized, with another it was bright bright red and just on the tissue twice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now