Talk

Advanced search

Tips for after a c section?

(7 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Mon 16-Nov-15 06:26:47

Had emergency section yesterday and really need some advice. I'm asthmatic and constantly wheeze and cough this time of year and I have been wheezing for two hours trying not to cough and it's killing me. Midwife said use a pillow but I can't because of the vacuum pack dressing on and the catheter makes it agony in my vagina. Has anyone any tips on how to cough

Also if you have any other useful tips that would be great

Thank you

Baconyum Mon 16-Nov-15 06:31:05

How can't you use the cushion? I used a bean bag type thing pressed into tummy then coughed.

Impatientwino Mon 16-Nov-15 07:28:39

I just used a pillow. It won't hurt your dressing

Skiptonlass Mon 16-Nov-15 07:52:29

The catheter shouldn't hurt you while its in - can you get someone to check its in correctly?

For your stomach, brace as much as you can and hold a pillow on it. It's not fun but it's possible to cough.

Take time every hour you're awake to take some really deep breaths . I had this weird feeling of 'stuff' in the bottom of my lungs after my section , it helped to breathe regally deeply for a minute or do to feel like it cleared.

You sound like you might need a medication review as well - if you're coughing and wheezing constantly it's not under control.

Congratulations!!

eurochick Mon 16-Nov-15 08:18:49

Can you get the catheter out? I hated it and so asked for it to go as soon as I could stand - about 9-10 hours after my section.

TaliZorah Mon 16-Nov-15 09:36:24

The catheter shouldn't hurt. Get it checked.

Get glycerin suppositories, makes the post c section poo easier.

If the pain isn't under control ask for a change of medication, tramadol worked for me oramorph didn't, they have to change it until it's right

Sunnybitch Mon 16-Nov-15 09:52:50

I found sucking on the hard candy sweets helped me alot.

Congratulations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now