Talk

Advanced search

Need to get this off my chest.

(3 Posts)
rageagainsttheBIL Sun 15-Nov-15 23:57:01

I'm knackered, ill, and can't bloody sleep argh! Went to bed early tonight so I wouldn't feel exhausted and crap for once and I've just been lying awake stressing.

I'm so stressed about the next several months... work, money, when to go on mat leave, being on mat leave, the impact of a new sibling on DS1, juggling different childcare settings, having to ask my boss for yet another change of hours to accommodate preschool, juggling a baby and a three year old, finding a new job potentially, potty training DS1, getting stretch marks, not eating healthy or exercising enough and the impact on the baby, not having enough energy to entertain the toddler and ending up sticking on the telly, constant pregnancy anxiety brought on in the main by having a MMC earlier this year... Feel like I'm going mad.vi feel like I can barely keep on top of the basics at the moment, like washing, cooking, going to work.

Sorry there isn't much point to this post. Only that I thought writing down all the stuff going on in my head might help...

WelliesTheyAreWonderful Mon 16-Nov-15 00:50:39

I had many of those nights while pregnant. Those 'oh my God, what the was I actually thinking' nights. I just about drove myself crazy - mainly because I couldn't sleep and therefore had too much time to think. But guess what?! Baby's been here 5 months now and all's well. Things have been tough, just as they are for everyone else, but they've also been amazing. Remember that you don't have to do all that stuff straight away. You'll get there, just take it a day at a time. Please know this though - your kid will not melt if it watches TV. You can't entertain everyone at the same time all day long every day because you have other stuff to do to help keep everyone alive. So please don't feel guilty, you are doing the job of about 20 people, 24/7 with no pay and no lunch breaks. You will be absolutely fine, and you'll have 2 lovely DC's to squidge. Best of luck.

rageagainsttheBIL Mon 16-Nov-15 00:55:44

Thank you. That's the sort of thing I need to hear. flowers

I am going to sign off and try to sleep again now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now