Advanced search

Withdrawal method during fertile days

(16 Posts)
Unknown333 Sun 15-Nov-15 12:36:59

Hi everyone just wanted to hear others views on this topic. Me n my partner use pull out method for the last 8 months. I always check my cm and chart it etc so I know when I ovulate. My last menstrual started 24th oct. And im sure o ovulated on cd 14 on the 6th nov. Me n my bf had sex he pulled out on time sorry for tmi but he let it all out on my upper bum then straight away for round 2. On the night we had sex I noticed a little ewcm. What are the chsnces of getting pregnant from that. Thenext day I couldnt tell my cm as I think it was semen inside. Im confused as some say if a guy doesnt urinate between ejaculation then there is still some sperm left over. Im on cd 22 now and my breasts have become really sore and tender I feel dizzy and weak. Breast sorenss started 2/3 after ovulation.

Oysterbabe Sun 15-Nov-15 12:40:52

I'm sure I've read this post before?
There is a risk you are pregnant but you will only know by waiting another 5 days or so and doing a test.

sooperdooper Sun 15-Nov-15 12:42:39

Withdrawal isn't a method of contraception as such so there's always a small chance of pregnancy no matter when in your cycle you have sex

scaevola Sun 15-Nov-15 12:42:50

You might want to ask MNHQ to move this to either the Conception or the Family Planning/Contraception topic.

Yes, if you think his timing was off, it is possible to conceive in the circumstances you describe.

Early 'symptom' spotting may or may not be a good indicator.

HPTs are usually reliable from about 14 days after, so I suggest you start testing from late next week (could try earlier if you get one of the very sensitive tests).

Unknown333 Sun 15-Nov-15 13:28:05

Has anyone got pregnant using the pull out method during fertile days

Skiptonlass Sun 15-Nov-15 13:30:58

The pull out method is not to be relied on if you don't want to get pregnant.

Yes, it reduces your chances but it only takes one error to f it up. Your cycle can be knocked off by illness etc as well, so even if you're generally regular it's not guaranteed you're where you think you are.

katand2kits Sun 15-Nov-15 13:32:14

Plenty of people get pregnant as a result of using the withdrawal method. 100% of those people will have conceived on fertile days, obviously. Withdrawal is well known to not be the most effective way of preventing pregnancy. If you are not hoping to be pregnant then use condoms on your fertile days, or even on all days.

Unknown333 Sun 15-Nov-15 14:21:56

Thanks all. smile ill wait till next friday/saturday for af. If nothing I will do a test.. Ive used the pull put method previously with my ex for over 6 years and nothing happened. I really hope this time I get the bfp. Fingers crossed. Will keep you all posted. Xx

dementedpixie Sun 15-Nov-15 14:25:05

So you want to be pregnant? Does you partner want it too?

PotteringAlong Sun 15-Nov-15 14:26:03

If you don't want to get pregnant you need to use contraception.

Unknown333 Sun 15-Nov-15 14:41:19

I do yes. My partner isnt fussed as much but I dont think he wants a baby right now.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 15-Nov-15 14:41:48

If you want a BFP why are you bothering to use withdrawal method?

HermioneWeasley Sun 15-Nov-15 14:47:09

I am confused - if you want to be pregnant, why is he pulling out? If you don't want to be pregnant, why aren't you using the free and reliable contraceptives available to you?

katand2kits Sun 15-Nov-15 14:49:10

If you want to have a baby, have a proper discussion with him rather than waiting for a slip up which might never happen.

Groovee Sun 15-Nov-15 15:00:31

My friend has got pregnant 3 times on the pull out method. Another friend has had a 3rd child this way.

slightlyinsane Sun 15-Nov-15 20:56:19

#3 is a result of the pull out method, far from a reliable method

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now