Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aching kidneys & nausea - call ooh?

(10 Posts)
BrienneofQarth Sun 15-Nov-15 12:12:02

Just that really. Last night both my kidneys were aching & I felt really sick (although could have been the fat-laden dinner we had...). I had kidney problems in my last pregnancy and am being treated as higher risk this time because of it. I'm swithering as to whether or not to call out of hours for advice on a Sunday because they're not that painful and the nausea could be due to iron tablets I'm taking.

Wwyd??

bluewisteria Sun 15-Nov-15 12:15:29

How many weeks are you? Can you go to maternity tomorrow?

Not sure how serious the kidney problems are, but I would probably call OoH's to be honest, not really worth the risk otherwise.

bluewisteria Sun 15-Nov-15 12:16:10

Does paracetamol help the pain?

EDisFunny Sun 15-Nov-15 12:19:45

I think you should call OOH, it could be a kidney infection or stones, maybe a UTI. Take care flowers

BrienneofQarth Sun 15-Nov-15 12:21:26

I'm 29 weeks today and could speak to my midwife about it tomorrow. Was planning on calling her to discuss it, was more wondering if it was urgent enough to call OOH?

By the way I normally shake my head at these threads but clearly pregnancy has changed my view grin

EDisFunny Sun 15-Nov-15 12:26:30

I had a kidney infection during my 1st pregnancy which was more difficult to treat because some more effective medication couldn't be given due to potential impact. If you are in pain and vomiting then let the OOH decide if it warrants going in for a urine dip. I hope you are okay! Good luck.

bluewisteria Sun 15-Nov-15 12:33:49

I think call. The worst that can happen is that a dip test shows you are ok. And if you aren't then it was caught early. Can you call you midwifery unit on a sunday? I would potentially call them too as they are more likely to be clued up on your case.

BrienneofQarth Wed 18-Nov-15 20:24:51

I called the midwife first thing on Monday & left a voicemail. I didn't hear back Monday, or yesterday, so today I called the surgery to speak to the duty doctor & was called straight in. I have a pretty bad uti. Glad it's not spread!

bluewisteria Wed 18-Nov-15 20:30:15

Oh I'm sorry, but glad it's now being treated

EDisFunny Wed 18-Nov-15 22:42:39

I'm glad you are getting it seen to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now