Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Spots... Arghhhhhh

(4 Posts)
EllieJayJay Sun 15-Nov-15 09:47:39

I have never had spots, well the odd tiny one which has gone within a few hours - I have been truly blessed with glowing youthful skin

I'm not 6+2 and have two of the largest zits I've ever seen on my chin, and they hurt like hell! I am being a tad over dramatic there are only two of them but they really are driving me nuts - there not the sort to pop just red pimple things

Any suggestions please??

MG35 Sun 15-Nov-15 14:13:02

Congratulations on your pregnancy EllieJayJay. I too have very clear skin usually and pregnancy acne got me with a few large spots on the chin!!! I had a few on my chest too.

I have just washd with warm water and simple face wash and also used simple cleanser and moisturiser. It's the increase in hormones causing the break outs which has died down for me around 9 weeks. I'm 13 + 4 and I continue my simple routine every day.

Good luck xxx

Strangertides1 Sun 15-Nov-15 21:16:46

I have little to add apart from sympathy. I use to get a few spots when af was due. But during pg, lovely lovely skin (both boys), now pg with a girl and I seem to get a lovely big chin spot every few weeks. Yuk! X

EllieJayJay Sun 15-Nov-15 21:43:05

Thank you ladies smile these spots really hurt - my first pregnancy so not sure what to expect really - not liking these spots though or the prospect of looking like an ewok hmm it will of course be worth it grin

I've heard that your more likely to get spots and sore boobs (my jumper puppies are out of control!!) if your carrying a girl - time will tell smile

Thanks for the tips!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: