Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

confused :(

(12 Posts)
fairydust85 Sun 15-Nov-15 06:22:51

I'm 4 wks pregnant and have been experiencing cramps. I went to see out of hours gp yesterday to make sure this was normal. He didn't give me much reassurance to be honest...He said it could be muscles and ligaments moving around or could be an early mc. I said I felt as though I felt uti symptoms so he tested me and said I'm definitely pregnant but don't have a uti. I'm laid in bed and feel sore/uncomfortable "downstairs" which for me is usually a sign that I've got a uti or getting a uti. So now I'm thinking if I have got a uti, are the cramps I've been getting the past few days really down to early pregnancy cramping, or are they down to me having a uti. I feel like I can't stop over thinking every little twinge sad

Jellybean100 Sun 15-Nov-15 06:52:04

Menstrual type mild cramps are normal. I had them until about last week and still get the odd one maybe once every day or two. I'm 9 weeks now.
I was convinced I was going to come on my period when I first found out as that's what the cramps felt like

HD18 Sun 15-Nov-15 08:13:34

I've had period like cramps on and off since I found out I was pregnant, I'm now 10 weeks and they have slowed down a lot but still the odd one now and again...at first it worried me so much but I spoke with my midwife at my booking appointment and she said it was completely normal. Is this your first pregnancy? It is for me and I know that I will always worry about every twinge as I don't know what to expect but I'm just going to keep positive and wait for my scan....

Inwaiting Sun 15-Nov-15 09:13:34

I also had cramps. I was also convinced that I was going to come on. I still do and I'm 8 weeks!

Apparently its your uterus stretching according to the doctor

sepa Sun 15-Nov-15 09:21:42

I had cramps throughout my first 12 weeks. It was just stretching I think. I was convinced it was something else but now 23 weeks

EllieJayJay Sun 15-Nov-15 09:25:39

I'm 6+2 and have had cramps throughout so far, not as bad as menstral cramps more like a wave or fluttering of cramping - very normal according to my research

fairydust85 Sun 15-Nov-15 09:59:17

Thanks everyone smile seems this is quite normal then! I worry so much. My first pregnancy so no idea what to expect or what's normal. Has anyone else experienced increased discharge? Mine seems to have gone quite milky and seems to be quite a bit of it (on and off) sorry tmi lol

EllieJayJay Sun 15-Nov-15 10:06:55

Come and join us on July 2016 babies, lots of us are new to this smile

EllieJayJay Sun 15-Nov-15 10:12:46

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2497061-July-2016-Babies?msgid=57601144#57601144

If you would like to join us xx lots of chit chat for mums to be smile your soon see we are all in the same boat pretty much xx

fairydust85 Sun 15-Nov-15 10:21:11

Oh thank you smile I'll come on laptop later and come join smile xx

EllieJayJay Sun 15-Nov-15 11:02:11

Welcome! It's the only thing that has kept my sanity levels moderate since discovering I'm pregnant smile first for me too x

toohardtothinkofaname Sun 15-Nov-15 11:12:56

Between 6-8 weeks I had horrendous cramps that made me think it was all over. I'm talking lying on the bathroom floor being sick they were so bad. All fine though! Peppermint tea worked a treat grin. I usually got them late morning so think digestive issues played a part.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now