Talk

Advanced search

Sounds extremely odd. But whats that clicking/ticking noise coming from my bump??

(9 Posts)
mrsjoker35 Sat 14-Nov-15 21:18:22

Basically the title lol. I know it sounds so weird! But when im just sitting watching TV, relaxed, feeling baby moving. Yhen "click" its been happening for around 2 weeks ,and for the past week its happened aa few times a day. Dont feel anything when it happens, i just hear it . very odd

Toadsrevisited Sat 14-Nov-15 21:23:01

Hiccups?

TwoTwoOneBravo Sat 14-Nov-15 21:24:31

Hiccups maybe?

Wishful80sMontage Sat 14-Nov-15 21:25:17

I had this with dd it was so weird- I googled it constantly and asked the midwife- never got a proper answer?!
Anyway dd is fine she didn't have any problems so don't think I should have been so worried- its not happened with my pregnancy this time.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sat 14-Nov-15 21:26:40

Canastas.

grin

No seriously it sounds like hiccups. I had this with DD1.

StormyBlue Sat 14-Nov-15 21:50:25

I know exactly what you mean!

It's not hiccups, my DS got hiccups a lot (usually just as I was about to go to sleep!) and it was completely different, they were like a rythmic tick tick tick inside your womb, where as this is more a sudden clicking/popping.

I googled it a lot, there was no definitive answer. Bubbles popping as membranes separate from the uterine wall was a popular theory, but I read that no one knows what it is for sure.

Roonerspism Sat 14-Nov-15 21:52:15

You know, this just reminded me that I had this with two of mine. Wasn't hiccups. I never got to the bottom of it, but all was well.

Very odd!

StormyBlue Sat 14-Nov-15 21:54:11

Another theory was the fetus' joints cracking as it moved, but I don't buy that because DS joints never cracked at all once he was born.

ilovehotsauce Sun 15-Nov-15 00:32:30

I think it's bubbles in the amino fluid popping, hiccuping feels different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now