Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive stories after bleeding in second trimester please

(13 Posts)
DisneyMillie Sat 14-Nov-15 18:27:51

Hi

I'm 13+3 and yesterday had a sudden "gush" of bright red blood which went through pants to trousers. No pain at time.

I went straight to hospital and they scanned me and said baby was fine and no obvious cause of bleed and cervix closed. I've been put on 2 weeks bed rest until another scan although warned could miscarry in mean time.

Bleeding has currently stopped - just bits of brown blood. No pains / cramps as such but womb is tender feeling and a bit uncomfortable especially when I get up to use loo.

Any positive outcomes / similar stories / ideas what it could be if not mc?

RoTo72 Sat 14-Nov-15 18:37:36

I had a bleed at 5 months with ds. He's 15 now smile

DisneyMillie Sat 14-Nov-15 18:38:33

Thank you smile

RoTo72 Sat 14-Nov-15 18:51:58

I work for royal mail and it happened in work. Had to get a post van to hospital. When I got out some smart ass said "special delivery", god he got the sharp end of my tongue. Lol.everything was fine. Scary at the time but fine.

TakesTwoToTango Sat 14-Nov-15 19:03:07

I've bled until 20-24 weeks with all three of my successful pgs. Fingers crossed all will be fine.

greatbigwho Sat 14-Nov-15 19:07:28

I had a bleed at 13+3 - exactly the same as you, although I didn't get bed rest! She's 2 tomorrow smile

DisneyMillie Sat 14-Nov-15 19:11:16

That's reassuring thank you - did they find our at a reason for any of them?

greatbigwho Sat 14-Nov-15 19:14:13

Nope. I had the bleed on the Friday night and as it was a bank holiday I couldn't be scanned until the Tuesday. A&E doctor did an internal and said my cervix was closed and that was all she could do.

Tuesday at the EPU they scanned and prodded and measured my cervix and eventually just said it can happen for no reason and to call them again if it happened, which it didn't.

ouryve Sat 14-Nov-15 19:15:52

He's 12 in 2 weeks.

ouryve Sat 14-Nov-15 19:18:08

And in my case, I had a bleed every 4 weeks until I was well past the halfway mark. The first at 6 weeks, was massive with clots and I thought he was gone.

TakesTwoToTango Sat 14-Nov-15 19:33:29

Not for two of my pgs. The third I had a small sub chorionic hematoma (bleed where the placenta implants), but was told these are frequently occurring and usually harmless.

ICantSpellNoffink Sat 14-Nov-15 19:48:39

I bled a with DS1, DS2 and DD1 but not DD2.

I miscarried at 12/13 weeks with my first pregnancy and then when I was pregnant with DS1 I bled quite heavy and had stomach cramps around the same time just like I was miscarring again. Fortunately the pregnancy continued and despite further bleeding throughout the whole Pregnancy DS1 was born happy and healthily at full term.

I also bled at period times throughout my pregnancies with DS2 and DD1. It wasn't as bad as with DS1 and I wasn't as worried.

I wondered if I had miscarried a non viable twin with DS1? I have no idea if that is true or possible but it crossed my mind.

DisneyMillie Sat 14-Nov-15 20:26:12

Thank you so much - these are stories to cling to and help me stay positive over the (hopefully) next 2 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now