Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's everyone been craving?

(33 Posts)
Mama365 Sat 14-Nov-15 17:35:31

I've been craving beef steak like mad these past few weeks. That and cookies. I've had a few at home and a few out, going out for one with my parents tonight! I even managed a 16oz one with chips and a dessert last time. Rib eye with peppercorn sauce and chips is my favourite. I must be needing protein or something. What have other people been craving?grin

Oysterbabe Sat 14-Nov-15 17:48:36

I've gone right off meat and I wouldn't have steak anyway because I'd be too grumpy about not being able to eat it rare smile
I'd be happy if I could have either mashed potato or cheese on toast for every meal.

Helgathehairy Sat 14-Nov-15 17:57:32

I'm only 8 weeks so I'm not sure I can consider it cravings but I could eat egg salad all day.

Last time it was plain ham sandwiches - just 2 slices white bread, butter and 1 slice ham.

MrsCrimshaw Sat 14-Nov-15 18:16:50

I've gone off stuff rather than craved things. Used to live on tea but now can't stand it. Everything gives me heartburn so what used to give me comfort now is a chore! sad

TakesTwoToTango Sat 14-Nov-15 19:05:08

Mozerella - really high end melt in the mouth stuff. Doing a surprisingly good job as a stand in for the usual so stinky it could get up and walk off the plate cheese I usually go for grin

QforCucumber Sat 14-Nov-15 20:00:43

Mcdonalds frozen strawberry lemonade, been having at least 5 a week - went today, they've taken them off the menu! I want to cry.

Also apparently today I really really miss brie, there's a huge wedge in the fridge just tormenting me :-(

RoTo72 Sat 14-Nov-15 21:32:31

Going off food rather than having cravings. So far cant stomach crisps, eggs mayo, coffee, red meat (oh oh, have leg of lamb for Sunday roast) r anything greasy. The only thing I can eat when queasy is curry. But I'm a bit of a curry fiend anyway

novemberchild Sun 15-Nov-15 03:35:17

I'm a strict vegetarian. Been craving bloody bacon cheeseburgers for days.

I don't even know what it means sad

pickleandflux Sun 15-Nov-15 07:26:28

Fizzy haribo sweets! Also all of the things I'm not allowed, especially rare steak and stinky cheeses. I also went off tea but I'm beginning to like it again now (34+4).

bluewisteria Sun 15-Nov-15 07:56:39

Bake the Brie then you can eat it! Pop some oil and thyme on, in the oven, devour with crusty bread!

pickleandflux Sun 15-Nov-15 09:10:38

Mmmmm! Good idea bluewisteria!

Runningupthathill82 Sun 15-Nov-15 10:27:35

November - I was like that in my last pregnancy. Had been a strict veggie for a decade or so but craved meat desperately. Started eating it as a "temporary" measure and still am, 3 years later!

JustTheOneThanks Sun 15-Nov-15 10:50:32

Oranges! I am eating so many that I am worried my baby will come out looking likes he's been tango-ed grin

Reebok Sun 15-Nov-15 11:15:30

Cheese! I crave oranges but can't eat them as I have reflux. It's nice to finally have cravings. I have hyperemesis so not been able to eat properly since the beginning of September.

Icklepickle101 Sun 15-Nov-15 11:17:00

Raspberry roulade, I can sit and eat a whole one to myself might explain the 2.5 stone wright gain

No other flavour will do though!!

novemberchild Sun 15-Nov-15 13:16:49

Runningupthathill - may I ask if you had a boy? This will be my third child and I craved meat last time with DS but not DD - I wanted tomatoes, strawberries, chocolate milk and talcum powder with her!

Fugghetaboutit Sun 15-Nov-15 13:19:59

Pickles or anything vinegary like chips or crisps.

Apples, really tart crunchy ones.

Dirty cheeseburgers.

Hipotle Sun 15-Nov-15 13:26:00

Crackers with salty butter and peanut butter. Also today I had a very bizarre craving for Wensleydale cheese mixed with pear. Sadly I live abroad so no Wensleydale to be had :-(

brookeberry Sun 15-Nov-15 16:05:18

Salami! And I don't eat meat, do I do now . . . .!

brookeberry Sun 15-Nov-15 16:06:23

but not do!

Runningupthathill82 Sun 15-Nov-15 16:18:27

November - I did have a boy! Expecting a girl this time and haven't been craving meat at all...this time it's spicy things.

MrsCrimshaw Sun 15-Nov-15 16:20:58

Oh I thought of one - shop bought trifles. Those little ones which come in individual packs of 2 or 3 - except I eat them all! It's lovely to eat something that doesn't give me heartburn or bloating. Wasn't really into trifle before I got pg!

goodnessgraciousgoudaoriginal Sun 15-Nov-15 18:44:54

brooke - I thought salami was on the "no no" list of foods?

I've been craving coke zero (I only have one a day max, due to the caffeine, and it never seems enough!), and sweet stuff. Literally anything sugary and sweet. I've been having to force myself not to buy chocolate or bake cakes, otherwise I would be the size of a house.

Nicky333 Sun 15-Nov-15 20:37:39

Crumpets. I have them every lunchtime.

eiysmummyc Sun 15-Nov-15 22:01:19

Hmmm, feel silly after all the above cravings have been edible! But ive been craving bath sponges! Not to eat, to suck!! Preferably full of bath water! Gross i know and so far ive managed to avoid (maybe had the odd suck in a moment of weakness). Not really had any other cravings! Unless you count eating anything and everything at all times!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now