Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Back to back baby

(6 Posts)
MrsSoDown Thu 12-Nov-15 20:35:17

28 weeks pregnant and been told today baby is back to back. Knew something wasnt right as baby movement was weirdly painful. What can I do to get baby moving. Scared of a painful labour! Actually cried at the thought of it

Kristy99 Thu 12-Nov-15 20:36:36

I was told to get on all fours and rock. I'm sure you have plenty of time yet though.

VimFuego101 Thu 12-Nov-15 20:37:04

There is still time to get the baby to turn - take a look at the spinning babies website.

Llouh Thu 12-Nov-15 20:38:48

I wouldn't worry about it too much yet but getting on all fours and bouncing on a pregnancy ball both help get baby in a good position.

My baby seemed to be in a new position everyday even leading up to his birth. At 40+3 he was back to back and at 41 weeks when he was born he was lay in my left side so don't panic about it.

Loki17 Thu 12-Nov-15 20:57:46

There's loads of time yet for baby to turn. My dd was born back to back.I laboured fine but had to have intervention because I didn't dialate. I had a mobile epidural. I could still feel and move my legs and feel my contractions but it didn't hurt as much. My labour was wonderful. Don't worry, it will be fine x

RoTo72 Thu 12-Nov-15 23:47:50

My ds was back to back and delivered that way. Needed forceps but honestly apart from a little extra encouraging for him labour was fine. It was my first time (and only) so id nothing to compare, but rem thinking, wow that was a lot easier than I imagined.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: