Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First trimester wobbles... (and sensitive question)

(2 Posts)
nuttybananas Thu 12-Nov-15 14:38:51

So I am 11 weeks but am having the usual anxiety that I have read about on here and I do understand that its normal.
My local authority in their usual disorganised wisdom can't do my first scan at 12 weeks - but I'll be nearly 14 weeks - so got another 2 and 1/2 weeks to wait.
I still feel nauseous and rubbish - although it isn't quite as bad as a couple of weeks ago. Is this a good sign? Or is it possible to have a first trimester loss and still have 'morning sickness'?
I keep having horrible nightmares and its preying on my mind about how 'common' it is for a loss in the first trimester.
Am I safe in thinking that all must be ok if I am still feeling a bit sick? As I'm trying to come up with rational reasons to try and reduce my anxiety and I am hanging on to the fact that feeling ill is a good sign.
Thanks in advance if anyone can advise...

Brummiegirl15 Thu 12-Nov-15 15:06:00

The fact is, you don't know that everything is ok until you have the scan. It would be irresponsible of me to brush your concerns under the carpet and say "yes of course it will be"

However whilst miscarriage is common at 25%, there is still a 75% chance that everything will be ok and those are still bloody good odds!

Plus feeling rough and having nightmares is actually very normal.

I still have random dreams, some very vivid and alarming . Last night I dreamt my colleague drove me into a lake in a van confused.

It's your hormones going haywire. I've had losses and so I do feel your fear but honestly all you can do is take a deep breath and just take it a day at a time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now