Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this just what the last few weeks feel like?

(5 Posts)
lemon101 Thu 12-Nov-15 11:53:59

Hello,
I am 36+4 and in the last week I feel like something has totally changed for me. I've gone from feeling like everything was a breeze to having back pain, bump ache, being completely wiped out and constipated to boot blush

I am meant to be going to my parents this weekend (for some reason they are really keen to see me) but its a 5 hour drive. I guess because of the suddenness of the transition to pregnancy central I feel a bit paranoid that this signals something and I don't want to give birth 5 hours away from home (although nothing wrong with their local hospital).

Why am I not getting them to come down? Because I cannot be arsed sorting clean bedding, making sure house is presentable and entertaining. I was pretty much just hoping to rock up at theirs and eat and eat!

So what do people think, is the whole knackered, back pain etc thing just end of pregnancy? Or should I listen to my paranoia?

TheFabledSnake Thu 12-Nov-15 12:06:47

I would say yes, it's end of pregnancy fed upness. I felt utterly awful at the end, could not wait for it to be over with!

Junosmum Thu 12-Nov-15 12:49:13

A 5 hour journey will not help you. Call the pregnancy card and Skype them or something.

I was also told not to travel more than an hour away after 37 weeks (which you'll be at the weekend). But I do have placenta previa, so that may have something to do with it.

lemon101 Thu 12-Nov-15 17:53:28

Thanks guys, I'm going to the MW anyway tomorrow so will get her opinion on likelihood of popping over the weekend (although this may just be a guess as I know these things can happen suddenly). I am increasingly thinking that this is just how it will be the next few weeks rather than a warning sign of imminent labour (just needed to hear it from others!).

Still on the fence as to if to cancel or not. My dad's chicken pie is really good......

ISeeIt Thu 12-Nov-15 17:58:30

If my experience last time is anything to go by, this time can last weeeeks. It's really shit, I'm sorry. It's when you stop feeling so shit (and enter floaty 'zwischen' time) that you're closer to popping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now