Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sickness bug at 7 weeks

(8 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Thu 12-Nov-15 10:20:28

Had sickness and diarrhoea bug for 3 days now, finding it really hard to eat anything other than fruit and toast. Getting a bit concerned about nutrition and how it's affecting baby. I'm still taking feroglobin and having diaoralite but I'm physically exhausted and have had to have 3 days off work now sad I just want my energy back! Anyone else had this bug this early on?

lemonslemonslemons Thu 12-Nov-15 11:38:12

Don't worry. I have hyperemesis (9 weeks now) and had it more severley with DD. I lost a stone and a half with her and could barely eat anything the whole pregnancy. She was born naturally at 41+6 and weighed 9lbs 5oz! Please don't worry. Just make sure you are drinking as much as you possibly can, even if it is juice. Hope you feel better soon!

OhWhatAPalaver Thu 12-Nov-15 12:47:05

Crikey! They really do take what they need don't they?! Just hoping the bug buggers off soon and I get some energy back...

amysmummy12345 Thu 12-Nov-15 18:40:19

Take care, I had sickness bug, coupled with HG and ended up severely dehydrated in hospital with 1st dd. If concerned take a urine sample to docs to check for keytones, a sign of dehydration xxx

PinkPlaid Fri 13-Nov-15 18:00:26

Hi there, I had a stomach bug in about week 12 and can totally sympathise! I could barely move for the first 48 hours, but did make it down to the GP to check the baby was OK. She reassured me that the baby would be fine as long as I could stay hydrated and eat little bits as soon as I was able to. I lived on crackers, digestive biscuits and small bowls of soup for the next few days.

Just rest-up, nibble when you can and keep sipping the water. I would really recommend coconut water too, it has natural sugar and electrolytes that really perk you up when you're weak. Hope you feel better soon!

kimberly1 Fri 13-Nov-15 22:15:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OhWhatAPalaver Sat 14-Nov-15 08:40:31

Thanks for the advice, I was a bit dehydrated but not too bad now. Almost back to eating sort of normally! The bloating and wind cramps are still bloody horrendous (and scary!) though :/

okpa11 Sat 14-Nov-15 12:10:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now