Talk

Advanced search

Where to go? A holiday with toddler plus bump...

(7 Posts)
TheABC Wed 11-Nov-15 21:52:18

Hi All

My in laws are talking about going away early next year before baby no. 2 arrives. I am due in May so realistically it's the first three months if abroad or April if it's the UK. Where would you suggest? I have a 2.5 year old, a husband with high energy levels and a very tight budget! We usually camp as DS loves the outdoors but I am not so keen on camp beds when heavily pregnant.

lostindubai Thu 12-Nov-15 07:01:17

We're off to Center Parcs, making the most of the non school holiday prices while we still can! Still not cheap, especially compared to camping, but it's really set up for young children, lots of things to do including the swimming centre (which you don't pay extra for), and perfect for the 'energetic' among us!

Reiltin Thu 12-Nov-15 07:18:49

In a similar situation, we went on a cruise during the second trimester. There was stuff for the toddler to do and we got to see lots of things but didn't have to pack and unpack at all. Def recommend smile

Impatientwino Thu 12-Nov-15 07:26:47

Center parcs would be my suggestion. We're off to elvedon twice before I'm due with DS2 - first time I'll be 28 weeks and the second time I'll be 36 weeks - everything is geared towards little ones - swimming, parks, activities and the restaurants and bars all have soft plays. Having DS occupied means we actually get a sort of rest ourselves!

The lodges are self catering so you can take all your own food if you want .

To give you a rough idea we paid £299 for a 4 day break at the end of January. 2 bedroom lodge.

TheABC Thu 12-Nov-15 23:46:27

Thanks, everyone. It's definitely worth looking at....

whatsoever Fri 13-Nov-15 18:32:33

I'm 28w pregnant and have a 3 year old and we're going to a Hoseasons lodge in Derbyshire tomorrow - like a low key, cheaper Centre Parcs. I'll let you know if it's any good when we get back!

kimberly1 Fri 13-Nov-15 22:06:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now