Talk

Advanced search

Baby's movement second time around

(5 Posts)
lozengeoflove Wed 11-Nov-15 19:25:03

Hello, I'm 17 weeks pregnant with second baby and a bit worried at how little movement I'm feeling. It's very gentle and only occasional. I have a posterior placenta so presumed I'd be feeling more than last time when I had an anterior placenta (well until 22 weeks at least).

Heard a clear galloping heart beat last week, but not felt lots of movement. Has anyone had this?

spacefrog35 Wed 11-Nov-15 19:36:37

Even with a second it's quite common not to get consistent and noticeable movement until 18 - 20 weeks. Don't panic, soon you'll be cursing it for standing on your bladder grin

lozengeoflove Wed 11-Nov-15 19:45:10

Thank you spacefrog smile

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Wed 11-Nov-15 19:58:45

I'm 26weeks with my second. I didn't feel much until 18weeks. I was super paranoid as everyone kept telling me you should feel movement much earlier 2nd time round but my midwife said that's not necessarily true, any time before 24weeks is normal. I really wouldn't worry just yet at 17weeks your baby is still very small.

lozengeoflove Wed 11-Nov-15 20:24:44

That's exactly what's making me worried dinosaurs - all the talk of feeling movement earlier with the second baby.

I remember the never ending kicking last time, but not really sure when it all started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now