Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I actually be pregnant?

(4 Posts)
thiscannotberight Wed 11-Nov-15 14:38:24

Brief background. 3 children (6, 4, 2). Always felt pregnant very early. Between 3 and 4 weeks, started being sick, sore boobs. First pregnancy test negative...close to 5 weeks BFP.

Decided no more children so had the Mirena coil fitted January 2014. All good. Had a period like bleed start of October...foolishly didn't think much of it as I'm really busy. This last week have felt faint/can't focus/tired etc. Didn't even cross my mind I could be pregnant until a colleague joked about it today. And then got me thinking. I went to the doctor yesterday as feeling so awful and they tested whether I am vitamin D deficient/thyroid function. Last dtd 29th October. But I'm on the Mirena and I don't feel sick.

So I suppose two questions, did you have pregnancies that started in very different ways? Could I be pregnant on the Mirena after weird period thing?

Sanch1 Wed 11-Nov-15 14:51:31

I guess no contraception barring steralisation is 100% so POAS!

Scoopmuckdizzy Wed 11-Nov-15 15:25:59

I felt exactly the same symptoms with DCs 1&2. Now PG with DC3 and it's completely different- I wouldn't have believed it if I'd not seen the positive test. You should probably take a test just to be sure...

thiscannotberight Thu 19-Nov-15 14:19:56

So POAS came back negative. Went to the doc as sickness (sensitivity to smell) all consuming. Was given an internal US (I'm not in the UK). Mirena was in place and no sign of pregnancy but he still wanted to send off a blood test. Very confused, feeling very pregnant...got impatient so POAS again. Negative. So almost certainly not pregnant but what the hell is going on??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now