Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Changing bag recommendations?

(14 Posts)
Newlywed123 Wed 11-Nov-15 11:29:26

I'm looking for an affordable changing bag, but don't know where to start looking. I'm due February and will also have a 20 month old too, so needs to be a good size too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

fuzzywuzzy Wed 11-Nov-15 11:33:04

I've always really coveted stork sak's

What's your budget, a regular roomy bag, with a large handle to drape over pushchairs, with a travel change mat works just as well. A friend uses her massive shopper style handbag as a changing bag and it works just fine for her.

Newlywed123 Wed 11-Nov-15 11:44:38

I don't really have a budget, but wouldn't want to spend a large amount. I have a old fashioned Silver Cross too so would have to have adjustable straps to fit over the big handle or be a handbag style so I can use bag clips.

jamtartandcustard Wed 11-Nov-15 12:53:56

I'm planning on just using a skip-hop backpack with the changing mat from the free boots bag. I reckon it will last a lot longer then an actual change bag which I find crazily expensive for what you get and how long it is actually used for x

Fourfifthsof Wed 11-Nov-15 13:07:47

Baby mule. Worth every penny!

5hell Wed 11-Nov-15 13:16:52

I plan on just getting a normal bag, and letting DH choose it (with a few provisos) - many changing bags Ive seen seem expensive to buy and cheaply made. How special can they be?!

Sorry this isn't very specific help, but it may help you find something suitable if you look outside the baby sections smile

BreeVDKamp Wed 11-Nov-15 13:38:17

Really love our Storksak Noa. Was around £70 I believe, lovely and roomy if you remove the inner bag.

feetheart Wed 11-Nov-15 13:42:32

Bought an ordinary rucksack from Millets which had lots of room and decent straps so was comfy to carry on my back. Used for 2 babies then for normal family outings/shopping/etc. Only retired it last year when oldest child was 11 shockgrin

Strangertides1 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:04:31

I love my babymel bags, very stylish and roomy. Mothercare tend to sell them half price in the jan sales but I've also bought one from eBay. I put it in the wash and it came out like new. Stay away from yummy mummy bags, I found my first one to be very heavy even without stuff in it!

Runningupthathill82 Wed 11-Nov-15 23:03:59

Basic Decathlon rucksack. I especially like the climbing ones. Roomy, durable, and a fraction of the price of a "changing bag."

Dixiechick17 Thu 12-Nov-15 05:38:11

I've gor a babymel changing bag and a next one. However I favour my old gym rucksack as it's much more practical, wiah I hadn't of spent the money on the others.

dontpokethebear Thu 12-Nov-15 05:55:31

I have a yummy mummy rucksack (it does not have any naff logos/pictures on it thankfully), that I got off eBay.
It has three zipped sections, two outer pockets and loads of inner pockets. It's perfect for me as the baby is in reusable nappies which take up a fair amount of room. There is room for a change of clothes for the 3 year old and the baby and all the other gubbins I need for a day out (we had a picnic for 4 in there too in half term!). It doesn't weigh a ton either.
Have a look on eBay!

ODog Thu 12-Nov-15 07:17:34

Another vote for a rucksack. I have a cath kidston one after by ck changing bag fell to pieces. Especially good if you are planning to babwear and you can still drape over the handles of a pram.

MummaGiles Thu 12-Nov-15 07:27:47

I have a pacapod which had been fantastic and I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now