Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's decided, no more babies and a little sad now!

(7 Posts)
absandme Tue 10-Nov-15 23:17:51

Ok, so maybe I just need a hug...
I have 3 wonderful children but also had 3 horrific losses.
My last pregnancy was successful & have a 6 mo now. OH & I were pretty sure it would be our last, but the final decision wasn't made until some time after he was born. Up until now I have been happy with this choice, I can't go on having babies forever & it has not been an easy journey at all so no more, fine but...
I donated all my 0-3 baby grows and vests to the post natal ward today that all 3 kids have used & it's feeling a bit final & sad.
Has anyone else felt like this? It's caught up with me all of a sudden tonight :-(

ChicaMomma Wed 11-Nov-15 12:13:45

awwwww i totally know what you mean..
I am pregnant with my second and already mourning the bump and pregnancy- even before this second little boy arrives- i'd love a third but DH is dead set against it.

I ''guess'' we should count ourselves lucky- but it's still very hard!!

still though- it aint over til the fat lady sings! or the last egg drops smile

Brummiegirl15 Wed 11-Nov-15 14:04:36

I've had 3 horrific losses too. Finally 28 weeks with first dc

Already decided that due to age and going through the losses I can't do this again and I'm sad that our baby girl won't have any siblings.

But I can't put myself through this agony again

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 11-Nov-15 14:58:03

It's really hard OP. I feel like this too. 2 wonderful DCs after 2 complicated pregnancies so I'm very thankful to medicine etc and as in my 2nd they found I had a blood condition which gets more aggressive each pregnancy it'd be risky to have another.....But I'm still staring at my maternity gear thinking "eBay or attic"

RoTo72 Wed 11-Nov-15 15:05:49

I'm 43 and 6weeks pregnant. Only other dc is 15. This was a wee surprise but things aren't going easy, and I just hope with all my.heart I can hold onto this pregnancy and it progresses to success. Iv already decided couldn't go through this again. My age I against me, and atm I feel my body is too. But even letting my head rule, it is sad ??

cloudjumper Wed 11-Nov-15 16:29:12

I'm 32 weeks with DC2, and this is going to be my last. I wanted 3, but after having 4 miscarriages in a row and due to my age (now 43), I need to be realistic sad I cannot face going through it all again.
But I feel really sad that this is my last pregnancy! We will not be putting anything back up into the loft again and start selling things as soon as we stop using them.

rach2713 Wed 11-Nov-15 20:22:55

Hi ladies I was adament I was only having one and when my son never kept none of his clothes or pushchairs only his cot and then when my son was 6 had my daughter and kept all her clothes and would love another one. When I spoke to my husband about having another he said no he didn't want no more and it felt like something had died inside I felt lost and empty. It drives my crazy when he say one day he does then one day he doesn't so tonight I sat him down and told him he needed to make up his mind and tell me if he did want or not so I can come to terms with either choice was that mean do you think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now