Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

NHS Maternity Pay

(4 Posts)
Klh91x Tue 10-Nov-15 20:47:31

I have a question regarding NHS Maternity pay

i will only be taking smp as i don't plan on returning to work after the year is up.

I have worked for the NHS since Nov 2014 but have only worked for the trust i am currently in since August. My question is, to qualify for smp do i have to have been working for my current trust for at least 26 weeks prior to the 15th week before estimated due date or just 26 weeks working for the NHS?

Thanks

acquiescence Tue 10-Nov-15 21:02:09

I think it is fine, you just have to have been in continuous employment. But your best bet is giving your hr and payroll departments a call, as you work for the NHS the departments will be very used to answering these sort of questions. I work for the NHS and have had all my questions answered very well when I have called.

Klh91x Tue 10-Nov-15 21:08:33

Thanks smile

MrsBettany Tue 10-Nov-15 21:19:44

I was in this situation a few years ago. Service was continuous for occupational maternity pay but not for SMP as different trusts are different employers. Ended up claiming maternity allowance from the government to cover the SMP portion and getting OMP from my Trust. Seemed very odd at the time but HR and DWP were clear that's how it worked. Think you may need to claim maternity allowance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now