Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not sure if Labour has started? :/

(5 Posts)
Gemmyloupoo Tue 10-Nov-15 20:12:30

Hi all, I've posted before so please bare with me.

I've been having very irregular pains (I'm not sure if they are classed as contractions) since Saturday night. Woke up with bad period style plains that came and went every 15 mins or so which lasted till approx 6.30.
They stopped and had nothing till early evening when again every 15/20 mins for about 3 hours. Got my hopes up and went to bed thinking it will all kick off in the night and tried to get some sleep. Well much to my disappointment it has happened this way every night and day since and I'm wondering if it's a long early phase or if my body is just gearing up for the big event?!?
I am 40+3 now and have had back ache along with these pains. I know you lovely people will have some help for me so thank you in advance.

Onthepigsback Tue 10-Nov-15 21:05:06

I think it's just gearing up. But that doesn't mean that the story won't be different 1hr from now! I think don't assume it's labour till they are regular and closer than 5 mins apart for a couple of hrs. I had something similar on my last at 40 wks but it stopped and then it was a week later that she arrived.

BexusSugarush Tue 10-Nov-15 21:20:53

Onthepigsback is right; it sounds like your body preparing itself for labour, especially at 40+3! Congratulations, you're nearly there!

Get as much sleep as you can, and do not be afraid to call your midwife and ask her opinion smile

Gemmyloupoo Tue 10-Nov-15 21:30:32

Thank you ladies ?? as exciting as it is,, nearly at the end and so close to meeting my little girl I can't help be a little disappointed these pains don't go anywhere. Went for a walk this evening and it feels as though she could fall out at any moment (feels so low down, not because of gaping hoohoo)
Fingers crossed she will come soon.
Thank you again

Onthepigsback Wed 11-Nov-15 09:29:35

They are going somewhere! You may find that your labour is overall easier and faster as your body has done such work in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now