Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

false alarm waters breaking

(5 Posts)
Becky899 Mon 09-Nov-15 14:34:34

Has anyone had a false alarm of there waters breaking.
I'm 38+6 and when i got up this morning felt some liquid running down my leg and in pjs.
Then starting getting period type pains every 10 minutes , so thought it was the beginning of labour starting.
Went to hospital to get checked out to find out my cervix was still long and closed and they was no evidence of my waters breaking , and said that it could be urine leaking or discharge , and sent back home.
Just worried it definately wasn't my waters cos it didn't feel like urine , was like a rush of fluid.

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 09-Nov-15 14:42:57

I had this on my due date with my DS, was waiting for the midwife to come out and do a sweep anyway, she wouldn't touch me as I said I wasn't sure if it was my waters, sent me to the hospital, had everything checked and got told the same, (I was rather embarrassed to know I had basically just wet myself blush)

went back to the hospital a couple of days later for a sweep, went into labour an hour later but still had to have my waters broken.

good luck!

NicoleWatterson Mon 09-Nov-15 14:43:39

I didn't know what to expect when my waters broke. When they did go i wasn't sure what it was, although it didn't feel like id had a wee I still wasn't sure. But what i learnt when they did go was, if you lie down and then stand up they will start flowing again. Its more of a constant than a wee, and they do keep going. Rather than a short burst like a wee.

I hope that helps.
Im not sure what it was for you, id take it easy for a few days though as it does sound like something could be happening.

Dixiechick17 Mon 09-Nov-15 14:53:54

I had a few gushes in the third trimester and it turned out to be a very watery discharge blush

When they started to actually go they were tinged with blood, so a pinky colour which is apparently normal.

Becky899 Mon 09-Nov-15 15:08:19

Yes the midwife did say it could be discharge and when she did an examination with a speculum she could see some discharge , just didn't feel like wee !
Just disheartened that my cervix was closed so feel like could be ages still, have felt more need to go to the toilet since it happen so maybe it was urine or something and baby has moved down a bit more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: