Talk

Advanced search

Odd question 34 weeks

(5 Posts)
Picnic2223 Mon 09-Nov-15 10:11:52

Hi I'm 34 weeks relatively easy pregnancy other than the aches and stretching pains. I've had a ache appear in my pubis (right at the front just above my clitorous tmi) over the last week but today is agony it feels like a pulled muscle.

Any one else had this or know if I should be doing anything?

Thank you

PeppasNanna Mon 09-Nov-15 10:16:05

That sounds very much like pelvic gurdle pain. Very common especially in the last few months of pregnancy.

Give your midwife a call to get it confirmed. Some hospitals offer physio. Look online too as lots of things help.

Good luck.

Junosmum Mon 09-Nov-15 11:08:46

I'm 30 weeks and started with this last week, bloddy kills at times. I've found standing up from sitting and the first few steps are the worst. Try keeping your legs closed as much as possible, particularly getting in and out the car and don't cross your legs, move gently but don't stay still for too long and sleep with a pillow between your knees. I've had 3 bad days, 3 good days and 2 ok, getting worse days.

Natalieday1 Mon 09-Nov-15 11:12:11

Definitely sounds like SPD/PGP I'm 32 weeks at the moment and have been suffering with this since 20 weeks, have had physio for it (which hasn't really helped me) best best would be to contact ur midwife they will put u in touch with the physio department and you never know it might work wonders for u smile
Would advise u to take it easy though, no heavy lifting, be careful when getting in and out of bed and in and out of cars, just take it slow.i have good days and bad days some days I can barely walk others I'm ok, so I have my fingers crossed for u that it doesn't get any worse..
Good luck anyway smile

Picnic2223 Mon 09-Nov-15 21:54:00

Thank you ladies, I've looked up the symptoms on NHS and could tick then all off! I'm at midwife on Friday but have chiropractor appt before that so hopefully that will help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now