Talk

Advanced search

Kicks starting to hurt

(4 Posts)
Kittyfrickle Sun 08-Nov-15 09:46:14

I seem to have a fiesty little one that practically beats me up from the inside. Her kicks hurt so bad and jolt my body a lot of the time. I'm only 26 weeks. Is it normal to be so strong this early or could she be growing ahead?

madsaz76 Sun 08-Nov-15 09:49:04

I went through a phase of really painful kicks a few weeks ago which then improved a lot when bubs moved. I think it depends on what is getting kicked. I'm 27 weeks and would say this is probably usual. I'm told when space gets tighter it settles a bit but then you get the pleasure of a foot appearing in your abdominal wall smile

lemon101 Sun 08-Nov-15 09:52:40

It's pretty normal! There is quite a lot of room for baby to get a good swing in at the moment. U just need to wait until your baby starts getting confined as she gets bigger. Then you get used to having a shoulder or knee slowly ground into your bladder/guts/pelvis! wink

Skiptonlass Sun 08-Nov-15 11:01:15

Maybe there's an element of how the baby is positioned, but...

My little guy kicked the living day lights out of me! It's my first so I have nothing to compare it to but I used to think 'blimey, he's strong..."

Despite being two weeks early, and quite frankly scrawny, He could lift, turn and control his head at birth (long enough to feed held over my shoulder at birth) and at five weeks is almost able to turn over. He's just incredibly strong (confirmed by two grannies with 8 babies between them!) no idea where he gets that from!

See it as a good sign smile If it gets really uncomfy I used to find going on all fours and wiggling the bump helped to shuffle him into a better position.

And just wait until the 'feet under ribs' stage... That's fun ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now