Talk

Advanced search

Losing mucus plug?

(7 Posts)
TiredMummy2015 Sat 07-Nov-15 21:50:16

I'm 37+6 and have had a lot of creamy white discharge recently. Now it's more like uncooked egg white and today there has been quite a lot. I also feel like my stomach is really hard and like its being squeezed.

Please tell me this is normal and not a sign that labour is going to start soon? I am nowhere near ready - I don't even have a car seat yet and my house is a mess with builders still in.

museumum Sat 07-Nov-15 21:53:18

Totally tmi but my plug was a whole handful of almost solid jelly. It was gross! I know some come away bit by bit but I think even in that case it's a lot more than "discharge".

M4blues Sat 07-Nov-15 21:56:30

Is it jelly like and pink tinged? Mucus plug tends to be like that slthough it does vary. I wouldn't worry too much as you can lose your plug up to 2 or 3 wks before labour starts. Although I did read before that most women go into labour within 4 days of losing their plug. With me, with my first it was 24hours later that I started early labour.
You really should try and rest but make sure your bag is packed and get a car seat tomorrow if possible. Term is anytime from 38wks anyway so you really should be ready to go from then. Good luck.

TiredMummy2015 Sat 07-Nov-15 21:57:37

Ok that's good to know. This is not a handful but enough to make me take notice!

TiredMummy2015 Sat 07-Nov-15 22:01:15

It's just like stringy uncooked egg white and tmi ends up over my inner thighs when I go to the loo.
No pink tinge though.

Bag is packed ready. It's more the house I am worried about. I have no kitchen as fitters are overrunning and the mess has spread to most other rooms in the house. Meaning I can't really expect anybody to stay and look after my other child and I've no local options... So I'm getting a bit stressed out!

If this baby can just hang on another week.

Oomph Sat 07-Nov-15 22:02:57

Like previous posters say, my plug was like solid jelly, tinged with blood, definitely not runny. I do recall greater amount of discharge during the last months of pregnancy, and the tightness you feel may well be braxton hicks getting stronger. At any rate, good to be ready just in case!

The plug on my second pregnancy came off at 3 in the morning, and I had the baby at quarter to ten that day. Second babies are quicker in general, though.

Best of luck and many congratulations!

TiredMummy2015 Sat 07-Nov-15 22:07:06

Thanks I'm feeling reassured now. I can't remember what happened last time and it wasn't that long ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now