Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CVS Tests: trisomy 21

(8 Posts)
May1205 Sat 07-Nov-15 14:28:44

Partner and I had our 12 week scan yesterday - all the indicators from the scan were fine but combined with blood work and my age (39) we've been put into the high risk category (1:52). Had a CVS a few hours later and are waiting anxiously for the results. Just wondering what other people felt after the CVS - my stomach is really tender and it's uncomfortable to walk at much more than a snails pace. It could also be because I feel so emotionally drained. I'm guessing the best thing to do is just relax and try not to obsess.....

summerdreams Sat 07-Nov-15 15:55:36

Try antenatal tests much better for your kind of question everyones in a similar situation goodluckflowers

Troika Sat 07-Nov-15 16:12:09

Hi I had a cvs in August, my risk was 1:44.
I had to wait almost a week for the test after getting the results so you're lucky you were done the same day, waiting was really hard.
The procedure itself hurt quite a bit, and my stomach was really tender for a good week afterwards. I had a cracking bruise too. Also when the baby moved around it really hurt. Although most of the pain went within the week I still felt some pain for eg when getting off the sofa, or out of the car, or rolling over in bed.
I was told bed rest for 72 hours, and to take it easy for 2 weeks. It did really take it out of me and I felt weaker for at least those two weeks, also got loads of cramps if I overdid it with the walking etc.

May1205 Sat 07-Nov-15 16:16:44

Thanks I didn't realise I was on the wrong thread

Troika Wed 11-Nov-15 06:38:46

Hi May,
Just wondering how you are.
Hope the pain has eased off.
Have you had your results yet?

VocationalGoat Wed 11-Nov-15 06:57:57

I've had one amnio, two CVS tests and just took it very easy for 2-3 days following each. A bit of discomfort is normal. Take it really easy.
I had a 1:250 chance of having a baby with a trisomy. My friend had a 1:66 chance. Her baby was healthy. No trisomy. Ours was diagnosed with a trisomy. We had three soft markers on our scan as well. So a number is just a number. Wait and see. I can't remember how long the wait for my results were...long enough. My nerves were shattered. I had two consecutive trisomy pregnancies. sad
flowers Best of luck. Keep us posted.

May1205 Wed 11-Nov-15 09:10:42

Hi All
We're in the clear - found out last night! Very relieved. My stomach is still a bit tender so I'm taking it easy (it was nice to hear other people felt a bit battered after it as well - the medical websites make it sound easy!). I've really low Papp-a and am still considered a high risk pregnancy - back at the consultant next week. Fingers crossed it is all manageable
Thanks to everyone on this chain for the support - makes a world of difference when you've on a knife edge waiting for the results

Troika Thu 12-Nov-15 07:08:45

Brilliant news grin
I have low papp a too, all it has meant for me is 2 consultant appointments, 2 growth scans, and instructions to look out for signs of pre eclampsia. Hopefully yours will be straightforward too,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now