Talk

Advanced search

Anti-nesting.....I just can't be bothered...

(12 Posts)
Redhead79 Sat 07-Nov-15 10:28:20

Almost 38 weeks and everything just seams like too much effort...
Have lots I could (should?) be doing but just can't be bothered!! I wish I did have the nesting thing as don't want that house to be a tip before baby comes but can't even bring myself to put a load of washing in!
Had an unstoppable urge to bake a few weeks ago, but even that has passed.
Anyone else seriously lacking in motivation?

CoffeeTwo Sat 07-Nov-15 10:34:43

Also nearly 38 weeks and I just want to sleep. Feel like I should be having nice days put with 3yo ds but I can barely walk now. Soooooooo much laundry to do too ugh.

sophiaslullaby Sat 07-Nov-15 13:54:36

I think the 'nesting' thing comes from everyone wanting a clean tidy house for when baby arrives (partly so baby is in a clean house but also so you don't have to tidy up when knackered and looking after baby). So when a bout of energy occurs that's when women have taken the opportunity and cleaned and it's then seen as nesting - 'opportunity' being the key word here.
I've had these bouts of energy but don't get the impression it's a lasting state, they last for about 2 hours and then I'm done for the day! I'm 41+2 and energy bouts are getting shorter - usually enough to put in a wash. I cleaned the bathroom yesterday but that took longer than normal.

I wouldn't get hung up on it, you could labour any time from now so enjoy just taking it easy (just as important!), clear up if you spill something but baby won't care about a pile of washing smile

confusedandemployed Sat 07-Nov-15 13:57:29

Nesting wasn't something I experienced when pregnant. Shame really, my house could've done with it!

YesICanHearYouClemFandango Sat 07-Nov-15 13:58:11

I was like that. Once the baby was born I felt loads better and had much more energy and motivation but unfortunately not enough time!

Tootsiepops Sat 07-Nov-15 14:24:55

My idea of nesting is increasing the hours my cleaner does per week blush

Illyillyilly Sat 07-Nov-15 14:33:02

I was exactly the same at around 38 weeks.. Until one day when I decided all the skirting boards needing cleaning. My waters went that evening.

RueDesTroisFreres Sat 07-Nov-15 14:52:44

I've managed 4 babies without nesting once. When I was about 38 wks with dc4 friendly older Irish lady was saying 'oh when you start getting on your hands and knees to clean the floor you know you're about to drop' in an of course you understand this kind of way. Me:confused.
My house could of used it too. Ah well... Make the most of doing nothing I say grin

BBLucy1891 Sat 07-Nov-15 14:53:52

I have loads of pregnant friends and they all seem to be "nesting". I seriously can't be bothered! Maybe when I finish work I'll have more time but I doubt I'll have more energy. Friends have nurseries done up and choose pretty patterns for curtains...I bought a cosleeper and have put the baby's clothes in with mine and that's about it. House is a tip unless boyfriend cleans it. All I want to do is sleep, eat and watch TV...

Luckygirlcharlie Sat 07-Nov-15 15:39:12

My idea of nesting is to smash bits of the house down! Kitchen extension with ds1, lost conversion with 2!

Evianbaby15 Sat 07-Nov-15 18:59:56

I was on my knees with a toothbrush and bleach cleaning the grout at 38 weeks on dc1, can't see it happening this time,
home needed a good going
Over today (beds, floors cleaned, bathroom, sofa moved and properly wiped down as well as all the day to day tidying and washing)
It has literally taken me from about 9am this morning and I'm only now relaxing, I've had burst of energy through the day but have needed a 5
Minute sit down for every 20mins of work!
I'm 32+4

Redhead79 Tue 10-Nov-15 12:26:53

Think it's kicked in now!!
Mucus plug lost this morning after a whole evening of contractions, which have stopped today.
So far hovered and cleaned skirting boards. Cleaned bathroom even going as far as disconnecting and emptying out the u-bend! No relaxing this afternoon either as supposed to be at work....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now