Talk

Advanced search

It's late evening, I'm sick, hurt all over yet I NEED to bake

(12 Posts)
CuppaSarah Thu 05-Nov-15 20:29:46

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting weird nesting instincts like this? I've been in bed all day feeling sorry for myself. So this sudden load of energy and need for baking is very welcome and all.

But last pregnancy at this point I was obsessively bleaching everything in my home, which I think is the more traditional nesting experience. Do you think if i wish really hard, I'll wake up a proper domestic goddess?

April2013 Fri 06-Nov-15 08:20:18

Wow! I really hope I get some of this later on today as I have to make a bday cake but sadly think I will feel rubbish all day again. Nesting sounds like fun smile

skankingpiglet Fri 06-Nov-15 12:40:08

Pregnancy does weird things to your head! Last time I didn't get the cleaning urges, however I was absolutely desperate to complete the outstanding DIY list which up until that point I had been happy to leave for the previous four years. I was making and fitting wardrobes, replacing window sills, and decorating up until a few days before DD was born.
This time I'm trying to be more sensible and mostly fit it in during the first and second trimester. Only two extensions, new kitchen and downstairs loo to do this time grin

CuppaSarah Fri 06-Nov-15 13:18:23

Oh wow diy urges sound amazing! I'm still obsessed with being in the kitchen, only problem is we don't have a proper freezer or I would batch cook enough to last a year.

April if you can get cooking and diy besting, you'll be the most organised pregnant woman ever!

Shemozzle Fri 06-Nov-15 13:31:24

I had cleaning nesting with my first (a novelty to me because I hate cleaning) and with my second it was DIY and baking. I never bake! Nothing sensible like batch cooking mind, it was cakes and biscuits etc. I remember being heavily pregnant in the middle of July, glossing the banisters in just my underwear with cakes in the oven. I look forward to getting the urges again as I might eventually get more jobs done. Enjoy it while it lasts!

shaunnah123 Fri 06-Nov-15 14:19:19

Hi I'm New to this and was wondering if anyone could help me I was due for my period in October but can't remember which date I've took a few tests and they've said negative but now I've been feeling really fatigue and nautiouse I've been bloating a lot and my breast have gotbigger and hurt alot I took another pregnancy test and in the control region it was a vertical line and a faint line appeared in the test region but it was horizontal it stayed there for 2 minutes but then faided away its really confusing me can anyone help!

skankingpiglet Fri 06-Nov-15 17:44:43

Shemozzle that is domestic goddess right there! grin
shaunnah try another test in a couple of days if your period still hasn't shown up. On a positive test both lines run in the same direction smile

shaunnah123 Fri 06-Nov-15 18:33:22

Ok thank you

Buttwing Fri 06-Nov-15 20:33:01

Omg this was me at the end of all of my pregnancies.

I wasn't much into cleaning (got a cleaner to do itblush) but I baked and baked and baked my particular favourite was Nigella's lemon drizzle cake.

Melmam Fri 06-Nov-15 21:05:26

Im 39 weeks and over the past couple weeks ive gone crazy with cleaning hanging new curtains buying new things i have an obsession with the baby is new so everything has to be clean and new this is my first baby i never thought id get this lol ive even washed the new pram and everything that comes with it lol today i have mostly slept although for the past half hour ive been looking out at my car thinking i need to hoover and scrub it trying to hold off until tomorrow so made myself a cup of tea... Crazy pregnant lady

betty10k Fri 06-Nov-15 21:42:22

I'm only 10 weeks but I've just cleaned my fridge - husband stood there watching as he couldn't believe his eyes. I hate cleaning!!

PrincessPunzie Fri 06-Nov-15 23:09:53

How funny. I'm only nine weeks but since finding out I was pregnant I've been doing loads of sewing (I hate sewing usually) and in the last week I've been wondering if I should bake some cookies, even though I have no sweet tooth at all! I hadn't really thought of it as nesting until now. If only I could develop a cleaning obsession too...my husband would be delighted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now