Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What to do after sweep to help things along

(12 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 20:07:59

I know baby will come when ready but I'm being induced in 12 days due to GD. Consultant has me booked in next Tuesday for a stretch and sweep to try get me to go naturally before my induction. I'm really keen to go naturally as would like to avoid a failed induction which is highly likely the mw has said as IL only be 38+1 on induction day.

What things should I do after sweep to see if it can help things along. I plan to eat curries pineapple and go long walks il also bounce on my ball and have hot baths. Is there anything else I can try. I'm not keen on raspberry leaf tea as I find tablet hard to take and I'm scared the tea itself will be horrible and my sickness is back so I don't stomach things very well.

I know some people suggest evening primrose oil vaginally but I'm that swollen I'm not sure I would be able to insert it?

Have you any suggestions ?

Thanks

CuppaSarah Thu 05-Nov-15 20:36:57

Up and down the stairs sideways is meant to be good and twiddling your nipples.

And if you're really brave, a bit of sex won't go amiss.

Jellybean100 Thu 05-Nov-15 20:52:01

Walking up and down the stairs, nipple and clitoral stimulation, be generally active around the house

PissPotPourri Thu 05-Nov-15 20:55:29

Clarey sage brought on contractions for me first time round, but they say to be very careful with dose. Second time around I'd had a sweep the day before and felt nothing. Was desperate, so DTD and less than an hour later, contractions started.

Tatie3 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:01:36

I second the clarysage oil, I massaged it into my bump during labour too and found the smell quite comforting. Good luck.

QueenArseClangers Thu 05-Nov-15 21:08:54

Breast pump! Brought my contractions on a treat.

mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 21:17:58

Thanks for the suggestions. Il Defo try these IL even attempt sex if I can smile x

Buttercup27 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:19:36

Sex and clary sage did it for me.

AliceInHinterland Thu 05-Nov-15 21:38:06

There are hypnosis tracks on iTunes, and acupuncture, and evening primrose, and expressing colostrum (& freezing in a tiny syringe useful for GD to avoid formula top ups) - one or all of these plus a sweep helped me in to labour at 38 + 3 when I was told I would be induced at 40 weeks. How would you feel about pushing the induction back and just asking for extra monitoring?

mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 21:59:37

My induction won't be pushed back any further. I'm already up at maternity 4 days a weeks for monitoring and if I was to ask to push it back she would change me to daily monitoring which I can't handle. I don't feel her movements anymore and haven't done since 32 weeks so pushing it back isn't an option

AliceInHinterland Thu 05-Nov-15 22:08:43

It sounds really hard for you all that monitoring and not feeling movement, I understand that you wouldn't want to push back on dates in that situation. Fingers crossed for you, sounds like you'll have fun trying anyway!

mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 23:38:46

Thanks Alice it is hard so keen to avoid having to go on my 'days off'. Going to try all the suggestions though x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: