Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do after sweep to help things along

(12 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 20:07:59

I know baby will come when ready but I'm being induced in 12 days due to GD. Consultant has me booked in next Tuesday for a stretch and sweep to try get me to go naturally before my induction. I'm really keen to go naturally as would like to avoid a failed induction which is highly likely the mw has said as IL only be 38+1 on induction day.

What things should I do after sweep to see if it can help things along. I plan to eat curries pineapple and go long walks il also bounce on my ball and have hot baths. Is there anything else I can try. I'm not keen on raspberry leaf tea as I find tablet hard to take and I'm scared the tea itself will be horrible and my sickness is back so I don't stomach things very well.

I know some people suggest evening primrose oil vaginally but I'm that swollen I'm not sure I would be able to insert it?

Have you any suggestions ?

Thanks

CuppaSarah Thu 05-Nov-15 20:36:57

Up and down the stairs sideways is meant to be good and twiddling your nipples.

And if you're really brave, a bit of sex won't go amiss.

Jellybean100 Thu 05-Nov-15 20:52:01

Walking up and down the stairs, nipple and clitoral stimulation, be generally active around the house

PissPotPourri Thu 05-Nov-15 20:55:29

Clarey sage brought on contractions for me first time round, but they say to be very careful with dose. Second time around I'd had a sweep the day before and felt nothing. Was desperate, so DTD and less than an hour later, contractions started.

Tatie3 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:01:36

I second the clarysage oil, I massaged it into my bump during labour too and found the smell quite comforting. Good luck.

QueenArseClangers Thu 05-Nov-15 21:08:54

Breast pump! Brought my contractions on a treat.

mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 21:17:58

Thanks for the suggestions. Il Defo try these IL even attempt sex if I can smile x

Buttercup27 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:19:36

Sex and clary sage did it for me.

AliceInHinterland Thu 05-Nov-15 21:38:06

There are hypnosis tracks on iTunes, and acupuncture, and evening primrose, and expressing colostrum (& freezing in a tiny syringe useful for GD to avoid formula top ups) - one or all of these plus a sweep helped me in to labour at 38 + 3 when I was told I would be induced at 40 weeks. How would you feel about pushing the induction back and just asking for extra monitoring?

mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 21:59:37

My induction won't be pushed back any further. I'm already up at maternity 4 days a weeks for monitoring and if I was to ask to push it back she would change me to daily monitoring which I can't handle. I don't feel her movements anymore and haven't done since 32 weeks so pushing it back isn't an option

AliceInHinterland Thu 05-Nov-15 22:08:43

It sounds really hard for you all that monitoring and not feeling movement, I understand that you wouldn't want to push back on dates in that situation. Fingers crossed for you, sounds like you'll have fun trying anyway!

mummyneedinganswers Thu 05-Nov-15 23:38:46

Thanks Alice it is hard so keen to avoid having to go on my 'days off'. Going to try all the suggestions though x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now