Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40 weeks + 2 days

(4 Posts)
GraceMarie Thu 05-Nov-15 19:55:01

I am 40w + 2d with baby no. 2; lost my mucus plug yesterday and some more today but I've been have tightening in my uterus all day that are uncomfortable but not painful and a strange stitch-like pain in my lower right side. Any ideas if it's early labour or just braxton hicks?
I went over by 14 days with baby no. 1 then had to be unduced; didn't lose my mucus plug or have any water left to break with her so I don't know what to expect this time.
Midwife saw me 2 days ago, gave a successful sweep and said hopefully it will speed things along.
Also, she said to take evening primrose oil capsules - one a day til 41 weeks then one orally and one pastorally; if I start taking one pastorally now will it do damage and is it safe after mucus plug is out?
Thanks in advance!

Dixiechick17 Fri 06-Nov-15 00:03:30

As long as your waters are still intact it's safe.

I had a sweep on the Wednesday wirh a bloody show, tightenings and a further show on the Sunday and went into labour early hours of Monday morning.

Hope this is the start for you smile

GraceMarie Fri 06-Nov-15 04:37:38

Thank you! I've been having regular contractions now for about an hour, afraid to move in case they stop hmm going to leave it a couple more before I wake my partner but fingers crossed!

Dixiechick17 Fri 06-Nov-15 05:46:22

Ah that's great smile Good Luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now