Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Heartburn..!!!

(9 Posts)
Brunette28 Wed 04-Nov-15 19:14:51

Just a moan really..!! Heartburn is really starting to drive me mad, I mean it's every single day and annoys me for a least 3 hours a day. I hate gaviscon and not keen on Rennies....anything else that could help?

Junosmum Wed 04-Nov-15 19:19:44

I'm almost mainlining chocolate milkshake. It helps.

Jensonacklespenlid Wed 04-Nov-15 19:30:37

Ask your doctor for ranitidine (zantac) its my life saver!!!

sherbertlemon17 Wed 04-Nov-15 19:35:16

I second milkshakes! Also sleeping propped up and some upward side stretches seem to help.

IpsyUpsyDaisyDo Wed 04-Nov-15 19:40:09

Ranitidine is your friend, it's marvellous stuff. I also drank a lot of milk. My horrendous heartburn disappeared the moment DD popped out!

CrumpetHead Wed 04-Nov-15 21:43:16

Ranitidine is 79p in b&m bargains smile

Notimefortossers Wed 04-Nov-15 21:46:02

Peppermint tea

ChristinaParsons Wed 04-Nov-15 21:52:06

Gaviscon,mint tea, warm milk and sleeping slightly propped up. It does go as soon as baby is born!

Daffodil3228 Thu 05-Nov-15 12:18:47

Hello great this is just what I wanted to whinge about!! Not enjoying horrible heartburn. Also my stupid pregnancy nausea has never actually gone away through this pregnancy so I feel to add heartburn into the mix is an insult!!! I hate gaviscon too but am going to give ranitidine a go...choc milkshakes also sound like a good tip!!
I'm 34 weeks...so looking forward to my stomach working again when the baby comes....hang in there all you fellow heartburn sufferers :-)
Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: