Talk

Advanced search

Please hold my hand

(40 Posts)
Icklepickle101 Wed 04-Nov-15 16:47:10

I'm sat waiting for someone to put me on the ctg monitor after only having felt my baby move once this morning. DP won't be here for atleast an hour and I am really really terrified, please hold my hand while I wait sad

TellMeALittle Wed 04-Nov-15 16:48:22

Hand holding here. flowers

Icklepickle101 Wed 04-Nov-15 16:53:03

I'm trying to hold back the tears, not knowing what's wrong is the worst.

Thankyou Tellme

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 04-Nov-15 16:56:12

star here for you! are you on the monitor yet? I went in numerous times for reduced movement and DS always made a liar out of me and wouldnt keep still once on the monitor! Crossing everything for you flowers

3littlebadgers Wed 04-Nov-15 16:57:37

Here with a hand to hold my lovely, please keep us updated. How many weeks are you?

3littlebadgers Wed 04-Nov-15 16:59:13

Could it be that you have had a busy day and been distracted?
I know that feeling so very well my lovely, and how long it feels like you are waiting. Do whatever you need to do to get them to be quicker if you need them to be.

christinarossetti Wed 04-Nov-15 16:59:28

Everything crossed for you Ickle

Hope that you're not waiting too long.

Icklepickle101 Wed 04-Nov-15 16:59:59

I'm still waiting, apparently they are very busy today.

I'm 28 weeks but have the start if pre eclampsia which is what's scared me the most.

Thank you all for making me feel less alone flowers

Icklepickle101 Wed 04-Nov-15 17:01:59

Unfortunately I've had a very quiet day as I'm now working from home to try and keep stress as reduced as possible , which hasn't helped my worry as had no one to keep my mind busy

TellMeALittle Wed 04-Nov-15 17:07:05

I had pregnancy induced hypertension with my last 2 pregnancies. So I know how awful you feel.

They are 10 and 5 now.

Any news when you can expect to be monitored?

Panther79 Wed 04-Nov-15 17:09:10

Hand holding here as well.
Hope all turns out well x

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 04-Nov-15 17:12:33

flowers xxxxx

3littlebadgers Wed 04-Nov-15 17:15:50

Ickle I am hoping little one has just wriggled into a possition where your placenta is getting the brunt of the movements. Please don't let them fob you off. The squeaky wheel and all of that. Is there anyone who can come an
D be with you while you wait for DH?

Hellohellohowareyou Wed 04-Nov-15 17:19:16

Hope you are ok op flowers

Icklepickle101 Wed 04-Nov-15 17:30:04

I'm still waiting sad

There is a lady joking around saying this is her 4th episode of reduced movement and she won't go home until they induce her, how can anyone laugh while waiting for such serious news?

DowntonDiva Wed 04-Nov-15 17:33:48

I'm sorry you are going through this. My friend had regular scans for reduced movement in her final weeks, her little one was grand and she now has a beautiful little baby girl. Sending you lots of positive thoughts flowers

InQuiteAPickle Wed 04-Nov-15 17:36:38

You're still waiting?! shock That's ridiculous!

Hope everything is ok and the baby is just having a quiet day. flowers
I'm crossing everything for you.

SummerHouse Wed 04-Nov-15 17:40:19

Come on little lamb. Just get kicking and send some reassurance to your mummy. Plenty of time to worry her witless when you are here!

flowersflowers

Lweji Wed 04-Nov-15 17:43:42

I hope all is well.

I used to poke my belly if I didn't feel movement for a while. DS always responded.

3littlebadgers Wed 04-Nov-15 17:45:24

I hope they see you soon, the wait can be terrifying, it is not fair that you are going through such a long wait at this time angry

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 04-Nov-15 17:47:01

flowers for you. I had a couple of episodes of reduced movement when pregnant with Ds. It was fine both times. Hope it is for you too.

3littlebadgers Wed 04-Nov-15 18:11:48

Any news my lovely? Did they see you yet?

SweepTheHalls Wed 04-Nov-15 18:15:57

Hand holding here, you are in the right place, doing the right thing, but it really really is likely to be absolutely fine. I was just were you were at 27 weeks, although at that point you don't get the CTG , you just get listened to.
I had CTG at 29 weeks and the heart rate kept disappearing as they move about so much at that point, so don't panic if that happens too. flowers

3littlebadgers Wed 04-Nov-15 18:20:48

Good point Sweep. I'm in and out this time around and the heartbeat has always been tricky to find and keep. I'm keeping everything crossed still.

KittyandTeal Wed 04-Nov-15 18:24:15

Reduced movement is really scary, I had a few bouts with dd1.

Usually it's nothing to worry about but getting checked is definitely the right thing. I hope they've managed to put your mind at rest x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now