Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private scan suggestions in London (12wks)

(14 Posts)
Jem01 Wed 04-Nov-15 14:21:47

Hello

Can anyone recommend places in or around London where they had their 12 week scan? And also how much they paid?

I've googled and lots of options come up but like to have recommendations if possible.

Thanks.

foragogo Wed 04-Nov-15 14:27:27

most people go to FMC in Harley St for private extra ones. Won't you get an NHS one at 12 weeks though? saying that I had both, one at my local hospital and one at the FMC.

Jem01 Wed 04-Nov-15 14:42:00

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes I will get the NHS one but as my 12 weeks will fall the week of Christmas i might not get a scan until January. Ideally I'll like to share news with family before Christmas.

ParsnipSoup Wed 04-Nov-15 14:45:15

I went to the fetal medicine centre today and it was wonderful. The doctor who did my scan was so kind and enthusiastic. They offer some different packages, their website has prices.

Boosiehs Wed 04-Nov-15 14:47:01

FMC is recommended.

foragogo Wed 04-Nov-15 14:47:31

got you, I think the range is actually something like 11 weeks and 2 days to 14 weeks and something - not sure exactly but doesn't actually have to be in the 12th week i believe so you could ask them to do it the week before Christmas, possibly. They will try and fob you off, I'm sure, so you could say you were going away for Christmas and woulbt be back until midddle of january ....

otherwise the Foetal Medicine Centre in Harley St is very good, think my scan was around PS120 but that was a few years ago.

sleepwhenidie Wed 04-Nov-15 14:50:16

FMC, no question.

DowntonDiva Wed 04-Nov-15 17:08:48

Hi, another vote for FMC. I had a viability scan at 9 weeks. I also had the Harmony test which includes 2 scans - mine worked out at 11 and 13 weeks on the day.

Set to have our 20 weeks scan there this weekend and will be booking in for another scan closer to due date.

Brilliant staff, scan is so clear, we even got a little DVD as well as the the pictures.

Jem01 Wed 04-Nov-15 18:14:14

That's great - thank you all for your suggestions really helpful!:-)

waxweasel Wed 04-Nov-15 18:35:48

Definitely FMC - we had a viability scan there at 7 weeks. We're so lucky that our local NHS antenatal dept is also run by them, same doctors and sonographers. They were great at both our viability scan and our (NHS) nuchal scan.

lovemakespeace Wed 04-Nov-15 21:57:31

If you live SW London then I didn't go here as tried to book it too late but it is really cheap!

www.peek-a-baby.co.uk/contact-us/london

I don't know if they are any good though.....

Impatientwino Thu 05-Nov-15 07:26:47

I'll add another FMC recommendation in too! Had fantastic experience there

Tootsiepops Thu 05-Nov-15 09:52:23

Me too for FMC!

TheOriginalWinkly Thu 05-Nov-15 09:53:36

If you're in East London the Oaks in Loughton is excellent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now