Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby has hiccups nearly every day?!

(14 Posts)
CoffeeAndOranges Tue 03-Nov-15 17:54:58

I think that's what l's going on down there - a sort of rhythmical thumping/twitching down towards the bottom of my bump (where baby's head is). Happens pretty often, often when I've had a hot drink or when I lie down to sleep. I'm 37 + 3.

Is it normal for babies to get hiccups that frequently, if indeed that is what it is? confused

DriverSurpriseMe Tue 03-Nov-15 17:57:23

Yep.

My DD used to get hiccups around the clock. Usually about eight times a day. As a baby she hiccuped loads too. Now she's four and is still prone to them, but not nearly as often as she used to.

DS hiccuped in the womb too, but not as severely. He's now five months and has hiccups as I type grin

SerenityReynolds Tue 03-Nov-15 17:58:26

Yes! DD had them regularly and now DC2 (36+2). My niece was apparently the same.

SerenityReynolds Tue 03-Nov-15 17:59:51

In fact, you might have just set DC2 off! wink

OhWhatAPalaver Tue 03-Nov-15 19:54:25

Yep, totally normal, nothing to worry about. I remember my dd hiccuping all the time in the 3rd trimester. I'm 6 weeks now with dc2 and kinda looking forward to feeling that again smile

CoffeeAndOranges Tue 03-Nov-15 20:08:27

It is quite an amazing thing to feel really, although when trying to go to sleep it's a bit annoying how much he wakes up! I get hiccups, his bum in one side of my ribs and a foot in the other... sign of things to come methinks...

ShowYourSeams Tue 03-Nov-15 20:11:49

When I was pregnant with my twins one would hiccup and make the other jump. grin I even have a recording of the CTG machine picking them up when I was in labour. He's a very hiccup-y baby now.

Utterlyclueless Tue 03-Nov-15 20:14:02

Mine hiccuped about 5 times a day every day and now he does at 8 weeks old! It's fine I panicked the first few times but my mum and dad and siblings told me it's fine (they're doctors) it can be then preparing for breathing apparently!

Utterlyclueless Tue 03-Nov-15 20:14:08

Them*

mineofuselessinformation Tue 03-Nov-15 20:19:12

Dc2 used to do this for hours in utero.
Not a hiccupy child now. smile

Nousername2015 Tue 03-Nov-15 20:38:02

Since I started being able to feel them I notice them most days, it's been 3 times today! I know you don't class them as movement but I was assuming they were normal!

magpieC Wed 04-Nov-15 00:10:45

Just look out for tongue tie when he arrives - I believe hiccups can be one of the symptoms and certainly DS was hiccupy in utero and had TT and DD wasn't and didn't so that must be proof

Luckygirlcharlie Wed 04-Nov-15 20:47:50

Ds1 constantly! Drove me mad! Then when he was out it was the same til about 6 months!

confusedandemployed Wed 04-Nov-15 20:49:07

DD had them all the time. She's 2.8yo now and still hiccups every time she laughs! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: