Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leaking waters?

(6 Posts)
MamaDuckling Tue 03-Nov-15 13:52:00

32 weeks tomorrow, how would I know if I'm leaking fluid?? I've had loads of discharge but very watery now with frequent damp knickers...
Last pregnancy my waters went spectacularly one morning, worried this could be something else??

Clobbered Tue 03-Nov-15 13:53:24

The only way you can know for sure is by getting it checked properly. It does sound like it could be a slow leak. Please call your midwife or GP now. Good luck!

Formerdoormat Tue 03-Nov-15 13:54:31

Smell it. If it's your waters, it usually smells sweet and to me, a horrible mix of almonds and semen ( sorry to be crass). It's never not worth getting checked over by your maternity assessment unit, you're not wasting their time in any ways

MamaDuckling Tue 03-Nov-15 19:47:44

I called the triage dept at the hospital, she wasn't hugely helpful though and eventually said they'd only worry if it smelt strongly of semen ( it does have a bit of an odour but hard to say what of), and I was soaking pants in the night too... Will monitor tonight.

BonesBrennan Tue 03-Nov-15 19:52:04

Hiya, good that you've called triage. Did they tell you to put a fresh maternity pad in (not sanitary pad as they're too absorbent so you can't tell how much you're discharging) and keep an eye on it - colour, smell and amount?

BB

MamaDuckling Tue 03-Nov-15 19:56:47

She said a panty liner was fine, I'm using about 3 of those a day since Saturday. Colour is clear, odour somewhat fishy - not hugely so, but not sure it smells of semen...

It's just changed from pretty thick/white, to this very quickly. Will call again tomorrow if it's still ongoing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now