Talk

Advanced search

when to pack hospital bag

(13 Posts)
rubybloom2 Tue 03-Nov-15 11:05:28

At how many weeks is it advisable to get your hospital bag sorted?
I'm generally pretty disorganised and figure this is something I shouldn't leave until the last minute!

mummyneedinganswers Tue 03-Nov-15 11:10:57

I had an unexpected admission for a week at 32 weeks where they nearly took my baby out and I had nothing packed so I packed mine at 33weeks the night I was discharged from hospital

Bin85 Tue 03-Nov-15 11:17:05

Sooner rather than later
One of mine was born at 32 weeks
I could have done with clean nightwear, slippers and dressing gown , wash stuff and snacks.

Brummiegirl15 Tue 03-Nov-15 13:28:18

My best mate's baby was born at 35 weeks and the contents of her hospital bag were stacked on the spare bedroom bed.

As a result I shall be doing mine at 35 weeks!!!

Tootsiepops Tue 03-Nov-15 13:42:33

I'm 37+3 and haven't packed yet. I figure there'll be time to throw things in a bag whilst I'm in the early stages of labour (famous last words grin)

Sighing Tue 03-Nov-15 13:51:35

When I was in labour. I wrote a list, kept stuff 'ready' but it only took 5/ 10 mins.

Unthoughtknown Tue 03-Nov-15 14:26:14

Packed at 35 weeks but I'm now 38+4 and still need to chuck some stuff in (chargers/kindle/clean tee shirt for dp)

lemon101 Tue 03-Nov-15 14:45:53

I am 35 weeks and this week have everything set aside in a box - my dh wants to physically pack the bag (so he knows where things are). Inevitably this means that there will be a delay in the actual packing of the bags until I am in labour, but at least I won't be rushing or relying on dh to guesstimate what needs to go in the bag at the time.

having said that - just have essentials in there for baby and me, not books etc or other 'nice to haves'.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 03-Nov-15 15:40:20

I did mine at around 25 weeks,once viable. I'd say there's no such time as too early to have a small bag of essentials for you ready. I had bleeds in my first pregnancy (low lying placenta) and it is nice to have your own stuff. The pack it when in labour thing works for some people but DC1 was a category 1 section - so out in less than half an hour!

Needless to say DC2 came in a calm planned manner at 39 weeks but it made me feel better to be organised the second time.

BlackeyedPetitsPois Tue 03-Nov-15 15:49:13

I'm 36 weeks and just starting to get some bits together for mine (dc2). I'm having a planned cs but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get it packed just in case I go into labour earlier.
I think I'm being a bit lazy tbh!!!

rubybloom2 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:18:44

Thanks guys. I think I'll start getting it together at 30 weeks so it's sorted before xmas... I pretty much have all the baby stuff, it's just the things for myself I need to buy.

ALR123 Tue 03-Nov-15 21:28:01

I did mine this weekend and I'm 30 weeks smile

Paperblank Tue 03-Nov-15 21:32:48

I'm 22 weeks and will probably pack mine just after Christmas (possibly sooner if I'm really bored one day)

I found myself eyeing up pyjamas in M & S today and wondering if they would be suitable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now