Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really want induced next week

(6 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Tue 03-Nov-15 11:04:31

I am36 weeks and have been unable to feel my baby's movements from 32 weeks which means I have to go to my maternity 3/4 times every week for ctg monitoring and scans. I've been doing this since I was discharged at 33 weeks. I am constantly exhausted now as I feel like I never stop the anxiety of not knowing if she's okay once I leave the hospital is terrible. For a few days last week I could see all her movements but that has since stopped not she is head down I can't see her movements. Consultant agreed at 34 week appointment that I would be induced at 37 weeks as she has already had steroids as they were going to bring her out at 32 weeks but I managed to convince them otherwise. I have gestational diabetes and I have a feeling they are going to tell me to wait to 38/39 weeks before induction. I know the longer she is in the better but I can't deal Wittgenstein constant trips to hospital my sickness has came back and I just feel like shit and the anxiety is terrible. The only thing that has kept me going is the thought that 37 weeks was my end date I was focusing on that trying to take my mind of things and I feel like if they extend it again I might fall apart again like at 34 weeks. I'm just finding it so hard since I can't see her movements anymore either it seems like everytime I find something to focus on its suddenly stops.

I know I probably sound selfish for wanting her out at 37 weeks but I honestly don't think I will mentally cope much longer being left with constant trips to hospital and not having any sort of plan in place. What can I say to my consultant to try get her permission for 37 week induction. Although she already agreed I think she was just saying that to keep me calm x

bonzo77 Tue 03-Nov-15 22:03:38

tell the consultant what you've written here. It's not selfish. How on earth would it be selfish to put your baby's health and your mental health as priorities? At 37 weeks your baby will be full term and likely to be fine. Regular monitoring is all very well, but is only reassuring while you are being monitored. I've been where you are with all 3 of my babies. They were all brought early (39+1, 35+5 and 37+5) due to repeat episodes of reduced movement. My anxiety levels were absolutely sky high with the second (less so with my third) and this was taken into account when planning their deliveries.

Try to get some understanding of how favourable you are for induction. It might be worth discussing a caesarian, or at least putting some limits on place on how long they will try to induce you for before offering one. My first was an induction when my body was far far far from ready and took 3 days with no progress before a EMCS. Not painful at all, but tiring and frustrating and worrying after the consultant had recommended he be born soon.

mummyneedinganswers Tue 03-Nov-15 22:12:54

Thanks Bonzo argued my case today and lost. Induction booked for 17th November when il be 38+1 and she's giving me a stretch and sweep next Tuesday riser if I can go naturally. I'm not sure what way they plan to induce they just gave me a leaflet to read

bonzo77 Tue 03-Nov-15 22:58:54

Oh, that sounds frustrating. You absolutely must go in every time you have concerns between now and then. Please don't let them fob you off.

mummyneedinganswers Tue 03-Nov-15 23:07:58

I'm still up there 3/4 days a week for monitoring. I have a horrendous head ache tonight and wasn't meant to be up tomorrow but if it doesn't clear I will have to return to them. It's so frustrating I was hoping to have a straight forward plan instead of a wait and see and then if nothing by 16th il be induced on17th just like a waiting game again even though it is I have had so many complications I would just like one thing to go smoothly

worrywart15 Wed 04-Nov-15 04:58:04

Youre not selfish in the slightest, I know your frasturation. I was due middle of July, and repeatedly went to tge hospital due to redxued movements. Many people seem to think that because I was seen and movements were fine I would have felt reassured. Wrong! After I left the hospital I was immediately on edge again. After being told I was to be induced, I had ovibiously became excited and planned towards this date. In the end the hospital decided against the induction and let me go over due. Such a disappointment, all I can say is look forward to this amazing bundle of joy you receive at the end of this very long process. I wish I could say the worry ends, unfortunately it gets worse once their here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now