Talk

Advanced search

21 weeks & movement has changed

(8 Posts)
sepa Tue 03-Nov-15 09:17:36

Yesterday and this morning the movement of Bubs has changed. It feels probably more like a back pressing into me than a kick.
When googling some people seem to think that this is normal as there is still room for baby to move about and others think it should be checked.
My placenta is at the front so I know that this restricts the feeling of movement at times.

Why is actually being pregnant a worry? Baby isn't here and I stress about everything. Before falling pregnant I thought it was just people being weird and now I have turned into it!! thlblush

Dixiechick17 Tue 03-Nov-15 09:52:08

I asked he midwife about a change in movement at 24 weeks and she said that they are still so tiny at that stage and can tuck themselves up into a corner of your uterus. If you're worried though contact your midwife smile

sepa Tue 03-Nov-15 10:06:21

Thanks Dixie, it's more that I'm not sure if I should be worried. I can still feel Bubs. I think that he/she has probably just turned their back or something.
I will see what the movement is like tomorrow morning as I am off work and I feel the baby move more when I am just on my sofa rather than work and then decide if I should see midwife.

ShowOfBloodyStumps Tue 03-Nov-15 10:11:44

You can expect it to change up to around 27 weeks as they're so small. They can tuck away, wiggle into a corner and hide behind your placenta.

Of course you should get checked if you are worried but what you are experiencing is completely normal and a midwife, as Dixie has confirmed, will tell you that this early on, you can expect this sort of change.

sepa Tue 03-Nov-15 10:15:53

Thank you Show. It's good to have the reassurance.
The silly thing is, is that I didn't really feel movements till just over a week ago so of course I probably wouldn't have a set pattern yet!

This pregnancy is driving me a little insane I think.
Yesterday's worry was the DP was packing his bags to leave me whilst I was at work as I saw him drive past my work an hour later than expected. No other reason than that and I have never suspected him of leaving me. It's weird!

ShowOfBloodyStumps Tue 03-Nov-15 10:37:41

Aaah hormones. They do like to be tricksy.

I think everybody worries when pregnant, it's just because you care about this tiny being you're growing. Try and think of the movements atm as your little baby showing you all the different tricks s/he has learned so far. They can roll and somersault and wriggle and stretch and all sorts. If you try and enjoy the different and changing sensations, it does detract from the worry somewhat at this early stage. Think of it as the very beginning of you interacting together. You might notice that s/he responds to you rubbing where s/he is at that point. It's nice to know that there's a little sentient person in there who likes to interact with you.

sepa Tue 03-Nov-15 11:44:34

That's a lovely way to look at it. I'm going to try and switch my thinking to that.
I have just ordered pregnancy for dummies as I have heard that it can help with being worried as it tells you what is and isn't normal so when you should seek advise from the midwife

sepa Fri 06-Nov-15 21:08:50

This paranoia is driving me insane!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now