Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

mums of 2 or more children...

(15 Posts)
BabyBNumberThree Mon 02-Nov-15 14:22:09

So I'm 32+1 weeks pregnant with no.3. My first dd arrived 42+2 (induced) and my second ds arrived 41+ 5 (labour started naturally) Am I doomed to go overdue with this one also? My due date is 27 december so I'm actually hoping to hold out over christmas but curious to know if anyone has gone over with their first pregnancy then had another one early or on time? Tia x

jamtartandcustard Mon 02-Nov-15 14:29:30

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. But don't worry, you are not alone, in praying this one surprises me by making an appearance at 37 weeks...
Dc1 - 42+2 (induced)
Dc2- 41+6 (successful sweep)
Dc3 - 41+2 (successful sweep)
I'm 34 weeks today, due 14th December. Fingers crossed for both of us x

BabyBNumberThree Mon 02-Nov-15 14:34:58

How lovely for you to have a newborn for christmas :-)
I was just thinking about if I go 8 or more days over its when my hubby is due to go back to work offshore so he'll get little (or no time) time to spend with the baby.

jamtartandcustard Mon 02-Nov-15 14:43:28

Judging by my track record it would surprise me if I actually have the baby Christmas Day!
Have you asked about being induced so your dh can have time with the baby? With a reason like that I am sure they will agree if it is possible c

Clobbered Mon 02-Nov-15 14:48:12

Left to your own devices, I think it's entirely likely that you will go over again - longer pregnancies are obviously the norm for you. I also think that with DH disappearing offshore, that might be enough to convince them to induce you earlier - perhaps worth asking about at your next appointment?

BabyBNumberThree Mon 02-Nov-15 15:03:11

I wanted to avoid being induced again if possible as I had a terrible time she still took 2 days to arrive. I'll speak to my midwife at my next appointment and see what my options are. I'm really hoping for a water birth this time as I didn't manage to get it the past 2 times and doubt I'll be allowed if induced again.

RedZeppelin Mon 02-Nov-15 16:03:08

Wondering the same thing:
DC1 - 41 + 6 (2 failed sweeps then induced)
DC2 - 42 + 2 (labour started naturally, no sweeps)

DC3 is due mid-January, but different partner this time so wondering whether that will make a difference hmm

RugbyWidow7 Mon 02-Nov-15 19:49:19

I was 6 days over with my first then 1 day over with my second.

ispyfispi Tue 03-Nov-15 12:22:48

It happened for me!
Dc1 42+2 (induced)
Dc2 40+5 (spontaneous)
Dc3 38+4 (spontaneous)
No complications or anything, just very different gestations!

WitchSharkadder Tue 03-Nov-15 12:38:43

DC1 41+4 induced
DC2 41+4 spontaneous (but only 2 hours from my induction)
DC3 41+4 induced
DC4 40+1 induced due to complications, I'm sure he would've been much later left to his own devices.

Sorry, OP, I do think you have a case to ask for an earlier induction, I know you said it's not what you want, however, it might not be so bad this time your body knows what it's doing. If it helps, my inductions were 3 hours, 90 minutes and 2 hours respectively, from ARM to baby in arms, so definitely not long, hellish affairs at all, quite the opposite really as I could plan everything and wasn't anxious about babysitters, getting to hospital etc.

TeamSteady Tue 03-Nov-15 13:17:53

DS1: 39+6 - Went to hospital to be induced due to severe spd, and was already 3cm, so spontaneous

DS2: 39+2 - Induced as we were both very ill- the full works, sweeps, passers and drip.

It would be nice if DC3, due 12/6/16, could be a spontaneous 38-39 weeker... by that stage i was so beyond done with being pregnant!

BabyBNumberThree Tue 03-Nov-15 18:44:36

Thanks ispy, at least i know it can happen occasionally :-) but i guess only time will tell. I'm feeling really uncomfortable with regular braxton hicks but i know they don't mean anything in terms of how soon a baby will arrive. I am so impatient I just want him here now haha but I know he's still in the best place for him at the moment.

AmberLav Wed 04-Nov-15 09:52:15

I'm in the same boat, I'm due with DC3 on 18th December, and my previous two were:
Dc1 - 40+6 spontaneous
DC2 - 40+10 after a sweep
DC2 was over 4.5kg, and I had a 3rd degree tear with DC1 who was just under 4.5kg, so part of me is hoping that the docs may want to induce me early, but I'm not sure if I'd care if it wasn't coming up to Christmas, so I'm not sure if that's the right reason to argue for an induction!

KatharinaRosalie Wed 04-Nov-15 16:49:41

DC1 was a week late and induced, DC2 arrived 2 weeks early

PatrickPolarBear Wed 04-Nov-15 16:54:59

Total opposites for me with DC1 and DC2. First time I went 10 days over while second time I was 10 days early - so you never know! If you have had 2 pregnancies run late your odds are probably higher of going overdue for the third one though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now